RCA RC5220P DVD Players

3.58/5 (73 Reviews) MSRP : $220.00

DVD player with Dolby digital and DTS out

Submitted by Wang Chen a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 25, 2003

Bottom Line:
I had the RCA RC5220P for about 2 months. After that every DVD I started playing kept on saying NO DISK or DISK is not compatible. RCA is very cheap and they wont assit you with any help what-so-ever.

Submitted by C S a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 18, 2003

Bottom Line:
This player was my dads. He had bought it for his theater system and it worked fine for about 1 month. Then it just stopped reading DVD's. All kinds of errors like No disc, this disc is incompatible, and Disc may be scratched or dirty. I guess other people have had this problem and it must be a design error.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by Rob a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 14, 2002

Bottom Line:
I've had this DVD player for about 3 years now and don't have too many objections for the price I paid for it ($100 at Ebay). I've never had a problem with it not accepting a disc but recently it has shut down completely in the middle of a movie (it has done this twice). I don't know why it does this...also, it will skip for about 1/2 second in the middle of every movie. Overall, this is a pretty decent DVD player and for what I paid I have no complaints...I will spend more money on my next player though just for the CD-R feature I want so badly...

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by David a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 27, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have used this DVD player for 1.5 years and never had a problem with it. It played all my DVD's as well as lot's of BlockBuster's scratched up DVD's without a hitch! Picture quality via the s-video was great and It's optical audio out feed my Yamaha RXV-3000 receiver flawlessly. I just sold it to a friend because I upgraded to a unit that will do DVD-Audio.

Purchased At:   800.com

Submitted by Darryl a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 6, 2002

Bottom Line:
Bought this in Dec. 1999 It's pretty good. For the video output I've used super video (great picture), and a optical out for sound (great sound). I have only one real complaint the remote died within 4 months, and it's not the batteries, I replaced them... a few times. I plan on replacing it soon, with something that's 5 disc with component output and can play cd-r. But, I assure you, I will not be throwing it away! If you find this DVD player for cheap and you want a DVD player, but don't want to spend too much you can't go wrong with this one.

Purchased At:   Future Shop