RCA DRC220N DVD Players

RCA DVD Player - DRC220N/ Digital Photoview/ MP3 Decoder/ Plays DVD, CD, CD-R/RW, VCD, DVD-RW/ SRS TruSurround/ Optical And Coaxial Digital Audio Outputs/ Component Video Output/ Remote Control

Submitted by Kimble275 a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: March 2, 2003

Bottom Line:
I have baught this DVD player at sears. This DVD Player is nice and clean looking. Plays MP3, CD-R, CD-RW, Mpeg file CD's (photoview), S-VCD, VCD and normal audio CD's. As someone said before me that it couldn't read folders for MP3's, yes it can. While it may not have progressive scan. It still is a good player. Clean Menus, 0.0008% homonic distortion Coaxial output. 0.0004% for the Optical port. Again, this DVD player is very clean looking and has nice "feet". I find that it is appealing to the eye.

The loading tray when ejecting has a somewhat of a clanking noise. It can make some think that there is something wrong with the unit. But this normal, maybe not normal on other DVD players, but on this one it is...

The remote is really weird. This was my first complaint when I got it home. I don't like the big clunky audio volume and chapter buttons. A slimmer remote would be nice.

This is a good beginner dvd player.

Purchased At:   Sears

Submitted by Colin Logan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 7, 2003

Bottom Line:
This is a joke for the price. Buy a Toshiba

Purchased At:   Future Shop

Submitted by Brett Carter a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 25, 2002

Bottom Line:
Price as above in nz dollars, so that makes it about US130, Just a quick review, looks good, good price, has mp3, svcd, vcd, dvd.

Purchased At:   farmers

Submitted by Ken a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 3, 2002

Bottom Line:
I've beeen researching DVD Players for a couple weeks on the internet, needing a good low-priced unit for my bedroom. While I considered progressive scan, I felt it was not needed yet since I don't own a digital TV yet, and my bedroom set is a Sony 20-inch WEGA. So I focused on non-progressive players. I picked the RCA 220-N, purchased it at Wal-Mart for $99, and set it up three nights ago. My initial overall impressions are favorable, but I do have a few reservations. A great picture but a cheesy remote and a potential problem with the sound noticed.

Purchased At:   Wal-Mart