Pioneer PDV-LC10 DVD Players

4.67/5 (12 Reviews) MSRP : $1545.00

Portable DVD / VCD / CD / CD-R* Player. 7" TFT Active Matrix 16:9 LCD Screen With Anti-Glare and Anti-Reflection Coatings. 96kHz sampling frequency, 24bit resolution Audio D/A Converter With 96kHz/24bit digital output(when permitted by software provider)

Submitted by Lynbiker a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 13, 2002

Bottom Line:
Did a lot of resaarch before picking this player,it is as good or better than my expectations.Everything you need comes with this player(cables & charger are Included)unlike some other brands.Picture is exceptional,Speakers are a Joke,Headphones are a must.I use the Panasonic HTP 970 which make a perfect combination of sight and sound.I have used this player everywhere at home,work,in my truck(saved a bundle over getting 1 permanetly installed in my truck)Recommend this player Highly

Purchased At:   EBAY

Submitted by yo ho a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 12, 2002

Bottom Line:
After inserting a DVD the machine spontaneoulsy combusted and burst into flames. I suffered severe 3rd degree burns and scaring on my face.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by Dick Bennett a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 28, 2000

Bottom Line:
I looked at the Panasonic models and also a cheap AudioVox unit and none of them compare to the quality of not only the construction of this unit but the 7in. picture quality.Pioneer supplies everything needed to get started other than a carrying case which is a must.
I found a carrying case for my new Pioneer LC-10 on the internet at www.caselogic.com. These are the people that make CD cases and what have you. However they make a case for portable dvd players. The cost is 29.95 plus shipping.
Although the LC-10 is an expensive little toy it's a must for those who travel alot as I do. It's great on a plane trip. Anyone considering making a purchase of a portable dvd player pay the extra bucks and go for the best that's presently on the market. It only hurts once.

Purchased At:   Best Buys

Submitted by Scott Mungin a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 7, 2000

Bottom Line:
the pdv-lc10 is an excellent piece of equipment, the picture is beautiful, and its just cool as hell. The price is down so now is a great time to get one. the speakers aren't too hot so make sure you have a good set of headphones to plug into it.

Purchased At:   five-star-electronics

Submitted by Tom Williams a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 15, 2000

Bottom Line:
I bought this player on a whim. I basically wanted a new "toy". This unit ROCKS! I *love* the 7" 16x9 widescreen! The built-in speakers deliver surprisingly GREAT sound! I bought some Sony sutdio monitor headphones to go with it and I feel like I'm at the movies while I'm traveling.

I haven't had ANY problems playing ANY DVDs. I connected it to my Pioneer VSX-24TX receiver using the A/V output and it looked GREAT on my TV! I've been taking to my friends' (who don't have DVD players) homes so they can see what a DVD would look like on their TV. One friend was truly impressed with the clarity of the picture on his 36" Sony rear projection TV.

This is truly one remarkable unit to be SOOO small......

If you have the means, I highly recommend getting one. Even though I really didn't have the means, I bit hte bullet anyway! :-)

Peace.....