Pioneer DV-C302D DVD Players

4.36/5 (76 Reviews) MSRP : $545.00

3 DVD/CD changer with Dolby Digital/DTS - 10-bit video DAC - 24-bit/96kHz audio DAC - 1 Component video output - 2 composite and S-Video outputs - 2 analog audio outputs - Coaxial and optical digital audio output

Submitted by Floyd Crook a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 10, 2007

Bottom Line:
I did a lot of research on DVD players before I bought this unit, being in a wheelchair I wanted a multi-disc player so I didn't have to get out of my recliner everytime I had to change a disc. I read some bad things about multi-disc player though and I really was tempted to buy a 5 disc player but this one seemed to be the very best, having the best mixture of both quality and durability. I must say this has been one great DVD player, I've had it for more than 6 years now and it still works as great as it did the day I got it. It has some of the minor flaws others have stated such as occassional popping between scenes, noisy disc changer, etc. but all-in-all this has been a great unit. It plays everything you can throw at too. I cannot understand some of the problems others are stating regarding disc playback, but they must either have extremely scratched discs, faulty discs, or just don't bother to clean or fix them when needed. I occassionally get the urge to look for something new but I just cannot find any excuse to buy another one. I've used the S-video out and Optical audio since I purchased this player and let me say the picture quality and sound are both fantastic. I've had this hooked up to a medium range Sherwood AV receiver since I got this and its performance has been just great despite the Sherwood's not being a high-end receiver (but was the best before you move up to the New Castles). One of my channels blew and so now I have a THX certified Pioneer Elite VSX 24TX (see reviews on this web site) on the way. I just can't wait until I hear what THX and DTS will sound like hooked up to this thing!! If you find one of these in good shape get it!!

Purchased At:   Ubid.com

Submitted by keith a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 19, 2004

Bottom Line:
4 years and counting. Great pictur incredable sound. I would like to get a new pregeive scan but I cant get rid of this one becouse it still works wonderful.

Purchased At:   BestBuy

Submitted by djbeaubien a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 16, 2003

Bottom Line:
this is a follow-up on the dvc 302d where the audio drops out on specific dvds, after writing a letter to pioneer they offered to do an e-prom ic upgrade which should make the unit compatible w/all dvd movie soundtracks, i am thankful for thier decision to fix this problem even though the warranty had expired 5 weeks before w/best buy.

Purchased At:   circuit city

Submitted by Mike a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 12, 2003

Bottom Line:
Way back when in Oct. 2000 I wrote a small review for this player. Well here we are in the present and I have to say that in almost three years of use there is nothing wrong or has gone wrong since the purchase. About the sound cutting out on certain movies, first: open the tray and see if the merry go round is dusty. mine was and once I vacuumed it those same movies played stright through. Second: If you are renting movies check the disk for scatches, smudges, or other things that might hinder the laser from reading the disk. I've also run across that type of problem. Just wipe it off with a cotton cloth and you should be good to go. As far as dvd's you buy for yourself, I've never had a single problem with any store bought dvd. I will admit on duel layer dvd's the sound will stop for a brief moment but thats it.

Purchased At:   Sears

Submitted by djbeaubien a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 10, 2003

Bottom Line:
i`ve had this unit for about 3 years,it was the stores top of the line dvd player,they say you get what you pay for,i thought i did, but a year or so after i started to have the audio problems everyones talking about,although i didn`t realize it was the player,i thought it was the dvd`s themselves,so i didn`t think twice about it,until i saw these reviews,to my dismay my warranty ran out 5 weeks ago,so i`ve asked circuit city to see the facts and be understanding,that they sold me a defective unit from day one and pioneer knows this for a fact, i don`t know if theres a recall or not,but i think that most people thought the same as me,that it was simply the dvd and not the player,which kept the complaints from becoming so overwhelming that they would have to do something,instead they concealed the truth, my next step is to call pioneer,if any one knows more on this would you contact me at,djbeaubien@hotmail.com.thanks these reviews are very helpful.

Purchased At:   circuit city