Panasonic DVDCV52 DVD Players

2.23/5 (13 Reviews) MSRP : $179.00

Panasonic Super Slim DVD Player - DVDCV52/ 27MHz/10-Bit Video D/A Converter/ Optical Digital Audio Out/ Advanced Surround/ Cinema Mode/ CD-R/RW, MP3, And WMA Playback/ Remote Control/ Black Finish

Submitted by Mark a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: July 18, 2006

Bottom Line:
Used for four years without problems. Then I got HO7'd. Great error code. Panasonic won't even tell me what the code means. Amazed at how common this is. I guess I am luckky it lasted four years. I think the common theme I am seeing is most of the posts say they purchased at Best Buy. I will not buy from this type of discount store again. Now I am just waiting for my Panasonic TV and Stereo receiver to crap out.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by MMELECO a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 23, 2005

Bottom Line:
"Panasonic CV52" Worked well, until I got the famous HO7 error code, don't go to the repair man, don't try to put oil on the wheel spinners.
Nothing works. Your DVD player is junk, just like a junk bond, worthless.
Never buy a panasonic again, the company has changed and can no longer be a trusted company. $179 down the drain

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by CMIIMan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 2, 2004

Bottom Line:
My opinion is that Panasonic has created a new business model with their model DVD-CV52. Welcome to the era of disposable DVD players! Based upon what I have been reading, and my own experiences, if you are looking for a DVD player that doesn't last then this unit is for you. Soon after the labor portion of my warranty expired I received the dreaded H07 error code.

I expect a product to function properly for a reasonable period of time. This product does not. As a result my family will never buy a Panasonic product again.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by Dmitri a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 16, 2004

Bottom Line:
Panasonic! Never again!

Purchased At:   BestBuy

Submitted by Rebecca a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 5, 2004

Bottom Line:
Ah, the wonderful H07 code. What excitement, what mystery, what misery! I noted the ongoing happiness among the owners/reviewers of this product who had used it for "less than 1 month" compared to the despair among those who have used their cv52 for any more than that period of time. Indeed, I appear to have been fortunate: my player (AKA my new paper weight) worked for just over a full year, which appears to be a new record. Prior to "system failure", I was relatively pleased with this unit, played DVDs and CDs well and was only mildly frustrating in the minutia of the remote. (My Ophthalmologist, on the other hand, is thrilled with my need for new glasses.) However, after 1) noting the H07 code on the display, 2) resetting the unit to no avail, 3) contacting Panasonic and receiving the ever-helpful name and number of my local authorized
( read "expensive") local repairman, and 4) calling said repairman to find out the minimum expense would be $85 just to determine the problem, my over-all satisfaction with this unit fell considerably. A little on-line research revealed the ubiquitous nature of the Panasonic "just out of warranty" failure rate. No more Panasonic for me! The initial financial savings are lost in the lack of longevity and ridiculous repair costs!

Purchased At:   Circuit City