Panasonic DVD PA65 DVD Players

- Built-in DTS & Dolby Digital Dual Decoder allows for amazing home theater sound quality.
- Super-thin design, only 5/8 of an inch thick for convenient travel.
- Plays DVD-Audio, DVD-Video, Video CD & CD discs.
- Fully-featured for use as home DVD-Audio and DVD-Video players.
- 36-key Slim Size Remote Control for convenient operation.
- Still Picture Display (I/P/B) freezes an image to allow for precise picture quality adjustments.
- 10-bit Video D/A Converter for amazing picture quality.
- Auto Switching Field/Frame Still for added versatility.
- Frame Advance (Forward & Reverse) for incredible control.
- 5.1 Channel Audio Output.

Submitted by Jeff a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 17, 2001

Bottom Line:
I bought this unit to use in my car (I have a TV, VCR, Platstation 2 in there....all that was missing was DVD!) I didn't need a portable with a screen, as I have the screen in the car already, so this unit was perfect! I bought it when the price came down. I could have bought it for about $40.00 less elsewhere on the Internet, but I have had great experiences with Crutcfield, and I felt it was worth the extra $$ to feel safe.

I really love this unit! I bought an extra transformer and an extra set of cables so that I can easily take it from my car and into my house for an easy hook-up in either place. The picture and the sound are great. I run it through a Denon AVR-3802 receiver. The only thing is, when you run the sound through the optical cable (NOT supplied!), you cannot achieve the 192Kz sound...to do this, you must use the 1/8" plug analog connectors on the back of the unit. I bought this unit about 6 months ago, and I've used it alot. I've just started collecting DVD-Audio disks and it's a real different sensation than 2 channel stereo! I just bought a portable LCD screen (actually designed as an add-on to a Sony Playstation 1), and another transformer so that I can take it with me to work, or on the train, etc. I really like the whole concept of the portability. A battery is available from Panasonic, and I'll probably buy one soon. Oh yaeh...what really sold me on the unit was the COOL factor! I'm really into gadgets, and this one is COOL!

Purchased At:   Crutchfield