Panasonic DVD-LV75 DVD Players

4.4/5 (10 Reviews) MSRP : $1300.00

Portable DVD player 7" widescreen LCD with 4:3/16:9/Zoom screen selector built-in Dolby Digital/DTS decoder built-in stereo speakers plays DVD-Video discs, CDs and audio CD-Rs

Submitted by Carlos DeLa Cerda a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 19, 2001

Bottom Line:
it will be more than i expected if i get the screen quality looking good. If not, then ill probably return it.

Submitted by Satish Suthar a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have only had this for a short time but I love it so far, what can you say the is the best thing I own. I travel I lot so this is perfect for me.

Purchased At:   www.ubid.com

Submitted by Vincent Tremwell a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: February 20, 2001

Bottom Line:
I did quite a bit of research on the portable dvd players and the Panasonic came out with flying colors. Your eyes just don't lie to you. If you compare other LCD screens from Sony (what's with the graininess), Pioneer (not bad, but has limited viewing angles and lowering pixels), Aiwa, etc. to the Panasonic, you'll walk out without a doubt agreeing that the Panasonic is far superior to the rest. If you think about it, they should be. It's their third generation portable DVD player.

To simply put it the sharpness, resolution, contrast and viewing angle of Panasonic's LCD is just incredible. The Sony has a beautiful design; however, at times the picture just looks downright grainy. I wanted to get the Sony because of how compact it was, but the picture quality just drove me away. Even the guy who sold me the Panasonic told me it has the best resolution of the bunch. No, he certainly didn't rip me off. For those of you who travel to either Japan or Hong Kong should pick up one, because unlike stores in the U.S. who charges us from $1000.00 to $1300.00 + tax, the foreign market is ridiculously cheap at around $750.00 for the unit (no tax). Not only that, but the foreign unit (you gotta remember to ask them) is chip modified to play ANY DVD in the world. It's an all region portable machine. What more can you ask for? The weird thing is that, they sell the player and the battery separately (the theory is most Asians use it as a portable TV and DVD player for home use), but if you don't want the battery, it would cost you $150.00 less, so $600.00.

Yeah, you're taking a chance buying from a foreign country, but I was in Japan for a month, and they do have return policies. I just cranked up the puppy every night and fortunately, my first unit crashed and I exchanged it for a new one. No problems from then on, just pure DVD pleasure.

Lastly, the cool thing about this unit is that it has a Video input also, which means that you can watch TV on it (there's no portable tuner that I know of), VCR, LD. It's gonna be tough to beat out Panasonic in this market because they've been at it for so long. The same thing goes for portable LCD screens in car audio. Forget the Alpine, Sony and the rest. Just check out Panasonic's and you'll be amazed.

Purchased At:   Japan

Submitted by Scott a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 14, 2000

Bottom Line:
Although I like the unit a lot, I wanted to comment on the LV55 vs LV75. I just rented the LV55 and took it to Europe. I was truly amazed at the picture quality.. it looked like 3D to me in many areas (U571). I was waiting for the LV75 to be delivered during this time. I spend 7 great days with the 55. My 75 arrived and I was a little disappointed in the screen, being larger, is shows the pixels more than the 5" LV55. This is to be expected, but I was really impressed with the 55 - A LOT, and this is not easy for me to be this impressed. The 75 has a good picture, but it's the difference in HDTV (LV55) and an SVideo (LV75) viewed picture - to me. Maybe I have something set wrong, but I don't think so. For you guys that have the 75, take a look at the 55 if you can. See if you don't see what I'm talking about. I got this unit for a good price, but I'm still considering the LV55 - you sit close anyway.. and the picture on the 55 was really amazing.

Purchased At:   Mercado - Internet

Submitted by Rob Borsari a

Date Reviewed: October 20, 2000

Bottom Line:
Excelent DVD player. Portability is a bonus.

Sennheiser: