Panasonic DVD-A320 DVD Players

DVD / Video CD / CD Player with built-in dts and Dolby Digital decoders - Component Video Output

Submitted by evalese a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 25, 2004

Bottom Line:
This dvd player is dated, so I don't know if anyone will read this. I've had a great experience with it, so I thought it would be fun to post a review anyway. I've had the dvd-a320 for over 4 years now, and it's never let me down. It's still going strong and plays current dvd and dvd-audio disks without any problems. I don't try to play cdr/rw disks on it. I used this player's component output with a 32" JVC CRT tv, and the interlaced picture has always been impressive. The 5.1 sound with the built-in 5.1 decoders has been great, too. I'll soon be replacing it, my tv and my Panasonic receiver with HD components that have HDMI and DVI connections, but I fully expect this dvd player to continue to perform well for years to come on my soon to be secondary system. Because of my experience with this dvd player, I'll definitely be considering Panasonic again. I should note that I used a disk drive brush cleaner disk from time to time, and haven't had problems with the laser.

Purchased At:   Mike's Video

Submitted by rocketman_jer a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 14, 2003

Bottom Line:
3 years later - never failed to play a DVD rentals included. Wicked picture, built in 5.1 and DTS. Combined with Technics Amp, Infinity Satelites and Centre & Paradigm SubWoofer....shakes the house down all with a crystal clear picture (pixelation? never!!!) This DVD player kicks ass - Nuff Said! When this unit finally dies (I hope it never does) I'll buy another Panasonic!!

Purchased At:   Visions

Submitted by med a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 20, 2003

Bottom Line:
Still playing fine after almost 3 years. Other than the fact that it can't play CD-Rs, this is a fantastic unit. Great sound and picture quality; never once had a problem reading any disc; good remote layout.

Recently replaced it with a Denon DVD 2900, which looks and sounds even better. Also plays anything I can throw at it (Including SACDs and DVD-Audio discs).

Purchased At:   Bleeker Stereo & TV

Submitted by ramcharger84 a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 25, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought this player brand new in the summer of 90. It played pretty well up until two months ago when I had a bunch of pixelation and boxes showing up on the screen, at first I thought it was the actual DVD, but it was doing it to practically all of them. I'm assuming it's the laser reader, as alot of you have already figured that out.

Purchased At:   AAFES @ Osan

Submitted by Mike Theman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 31, 2002

Bottom Line:
Got this player after i sold my cheap philips dvd player Tried a dvd and works great BUT my collection of video CD's is now useless Can't read a Dam cdrw

Wood Technology: