Panasonic DVD A120U DVD Players

4.29/5 (121 Reviews) MSRP : $400.00

DVD/CD Video/CD Player

Submitted by JamieRI a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 24, 2003

Bottom Line:
I just fixed my "no play" problem. The symptom is that the unit would play silver (single layer) disks but would no longer play any newer disk with the dual layer format (RSDL). I tried the Diskwasher wet laser lens cleaner with no luck. Then I used the isopropanol that came with it to directly clean the laser lens with a q-tip. After blowing off the cotton strands with compressed air, the unit now plays the RSDL disks very nicely. I quickly tried every bad disk with great success.

Of course, your results may vary and you should only consider doing this if you have already decided the unit is useless to you!

Submitted by Steve a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 7, 2002

Bottom Line:
Bought this from my brother when he upgraded his. This is my first DVD and it has had no problems. As far as reading VCD's, try using Memorex Platinum CD/RW's.

Submitted by Jeff a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 9, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have had this player since it came out, I have over 150 DVDs and it plays them all flawlessly. It has great picture (color saturation and black levels) with no pixelation problems. The only time I have had pixelation problems is if some one got a fingerprint on a DVD. I am glad I have experienced none of the problems many reviewers have had here. I am not sure why somone at Panasonic would say it was not designed to read DSDL discs when it says it can in the manual. The vast majority of my DVDs are dual layer and they all work great. You will not find a new one of these on the market place so dont even think about buying one now. Someone complained about it not reading CDR/RW, well when it came out buddy NO dvd player read CDR/RW. If you wanted that functionality you should have done more research or bought a newer model that supported it. I will definitely consider another Panasonic when this one eventually fails as all products do. I have definitely gotten my value out of this player though and have been extremely happy with it.

Submitted by McD a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 6, 2002

Bottom Line:
I wonder if the folks having "no disk" problems are smokers who are condensing films on the optics. Mine has been super from day one.

Purchased At:   Shopping.com

Submitted by Jake Eddy a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 12, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have been using my player for about two years.And NEVER have I had a problem.People need to stop buying these "B" stock factory refurbished units over the interrnet(BECAUSE THEY ALL ARE,PERIOD),and leaving feedback.You are buyins a lemon right off the bat so expect it.Anyways,like I said I have never had a problem.Great sound and picture.I have never had it freeze(If you want to buy junk buy a PIONEER dvd player).

Purchased At:   Good Guys