Onkyo DV-CP702 DVD Players

3.75/5 (4 Reviews) MSRP : $185.00

The exclusive 6-disc capability of this DVD/CD player lets you play almost limitless combinations of DVD video discs, music CDs, MP3 CDs, and even those pictures of your last vacation on JPEG picture encoded CDs. All of this brought to you from state-of-the-art 192 kHz/24-bit audio DACs and a 54 MHz/10-bit video DAC for one of the most technologically advanced carousel changers on the market. You may just find yourself staying at home a bit more often.

Submitted by colt45 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 30, 2009

Bottom Line:
Nothing better............. i got this dvd player about 3 years ago and still great sound and picture. I put a dvd in and it works everytime i clean it about every 4th movie i watch. Keep up with it and it will work great all the time. I've had sony and toshiba and onkyo to me blows them out of the water. So if your looking for a new dvd player i would perfer onkyo over any other brand.

Submitted by ltblazer2001 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 7, 2007

Bottom Line:
I have had this for 2 years worked flawlessly. this morning i put i dvd in and it read "no disc". I cleaned the disc real good, cleaned the reader eye, everything. it is going to cost more to get it fixed than what i originally paid for it. what to do? I reseated the ribbon on the head, but no joy. I have noticed that when it picks up the dvd or cd the disc does not start to spin but when is it suppose to spin . what to do ? anything? ltblazer2001@yahoo.com. thanks. maybe i will just try my luck with a panasonic.

Purchased At:   circuit city

Submitted by gary935 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 20, 2006

Bottom Line:
I purchase this to replace a Pioneer Elite C-36 5 disc changer that happened to die two weeks after My Pioneer Elite 24TX died. The Pioneer Elite was going to cost too much money to fix and the Elite DVD changer was 5 years old.So much for the Elite name.

Anyway, i mst say I have been impress with this changer. The picture is great, even though I must admit the Pioneer Elite picture through the comonents output was stellar. The onkyo is just slightly below that using the components as well but that is saying much when you consider the Elite uses their best components for their Elite line.

Having a six disc slot may have it's advantages later on when viewing The Lord Of The Rings Series. Each directors cut version is 2 disc so I could load all 6 discs at once and start the marathon.

The sound is being routed through my Onkyo receiver through the opitical cable so all sound is reproduce by the receiver and it sounds great.

As I salid before the picture is great, I have no complaints. The changer is quieter then my Elite or my Sony DVD changer.I brought the SOny more for the price and th ability to play SACD. The sony has a darker picture through the components and I have been unable to fix that. The Onklyo had the same problem but I was able to go into the settings and was able to fix the picture to suit my taste.

I am very happy with my Onkyo changer and hope that it will last a while.

Purchased At:   accessories4less.com

Submitted by vabch22 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 11, 2004

Bottom Line:
I haven't had the player for long, but I got it to see if it was any better than my Sony. The audio sounds better to me, and even the picture quality seems better. One thing I do not like though is the tray and disc loading are louder than my Sony. When changing layers during DVD playback, the pause is not nearly as long as the Sony. I'll write more once I've had a chance to break it in. But so far, if you're looking for a 6-disc changer for a good price, you can't go wrong with Onkyo.

Purchased At:   vanns.com