Onkyo DV-C601 DVD Players

3.17/5 (86 Reviews)

6-disc DVD player with DD/DTS

Submitted by Dave a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 11, 2010

Bottom Line:
I have had this changer for about 5 years and it still outperforms many others I have used. he sound quality is awesome, even with some low level Theater systems i have used. Video is great also.

Submitted by tb0411 a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 29, 2005

Bottom Line:
Greetings, from Mike in MD.
In regards to the DV-C600 DVD changer, I cannot thank all who contributed enough and offered excellent advice which I found here on how to fix the "No Disc" problem as mentioned here in other threads. Sure enough, on Thanksgiving Day, with all company here, just when I needed the DVD most. . .it would not work. I called a repair shop the next day and they were not keen on Onkyo - but they were not specific. In the past, I really have appreciated this unit. A Google search brought me to this site, and sure enough the directions given were clear and acurate. I noted the ribbon cable was a bit "askew", and since I did not have a hot melt gun, I used a bit of silicone sealer to bind the cable and connector together after I pushed the cable in a bit. My 17 year old son thinks I should have trashed the unit and bought a new one. I really do like it, think its a quality unit, and am glad it is working again. It would have cost me $185 to get it fixed. Thanks all - a good feeling of acomplishment. Heres to 10 more years!

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by Firewolf a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 24, 2005

Bottom Line:
I have not looked at this review thread in some time. It's good to see that others have had the ribbon cable fix that I posted back on March 15, 2002 work for them. Mine has failed again and I was curious how long the fix lasted - 3 years and 2 months. I guess that's not too bad. Time to take it apart again. Thanks for the tips since mine for easier ways to take it apart.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by DaveC24 a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: July 10, 2004

Bottom Line:
Thanks to Troy Pillon (review of Dec 19, 2003). I too had the "No Disk" problem and the steps outlined worked like a charm!! I do have one time-saving tip, however. Once you get to the step involving the removal of the disk platter, STOP!!! Do not remove the screw in the middle of the carousel!! Instead, slide the carousel out ("open") as far as it will go. Unplug the ribbon cable on the right side of the carousel. Then look down on the left-side rail - just past the carousel there is a small tab in the rail. Use a small screwdriver to push it down slightly to move the stop out of the way and just pull the carousel out the front. To replace the carousel afterward, just slide it back in from the front. You will hear a click as it runs over the stop.

Otherwise, follow the previous directions and hopefully, your luck will be as good as mine in getting the thing to work again!!!

Purchased At:   California Soundwork

Submitted by TommyQuinn a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 19, 2004

Bottom Line:
About 5 months after I bought it the unit stopped working. The player would search for the disc and never find the disc and just constantly display "no disc" I sent it to the warranty shop 4 times and Onkyo refuses to service it anymore because it is possible I abused the unit. The repair shop wants $90 for the work. BS! I used once a week if that often. Junk! Shame on Onkyo!

Purchased At:   Circut City