NAD T532 DVD Players

3.75/5 (4 Reviews)

• Plays DVD-Video, CD, CD-R, CD-RW
  • Dolby Digital/PCM/DTS digital out
  • MP-3 decoder integrated (song titles displayed on video output)
  • 10 bit Video DAC
  • S-Video and Composite video outputs
  • SCART with RGB and Composite Video output
  • MPEG-2 decoder
  • PAL/NTSC compatible with PAL 60 option

Submitted by jgm a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 24, 2012

Bottom Line:
I have owned this little gem since 2003 - this was the DVD player that replaced my family's Sony Playstation 2 which we previously used for our DVD player. It was the centerpiece of our little theater 2 channel "theater" until I went upscale to a Krell HTS and Denon 3910. Then I moved it into our bedroom where I used it until this year (2012) when I replaced it with a Sony BDP-2000ES (otherwise, I would have kept on using it). Picture via component out is simply outstanding when viewed on my 27-inch TV followed by the 40-inch Panasonic Viera LCD flat panel. Two channel audio was superb as well (and all I really needed for the bedroom TV) although decoded surround (admittedly via the Krell HTS 1) was also superb for a DTS/Dolby player of standard DVDs. Ergonomics were excellent as well - the remote was easy and intuitive. It decoded MP3s burned to CD (although I had precious few of these). It has really held p well over the years and stands up suprisingly well to the test of time. Sure it isn't Blu-Ray, but for CD and DVD playback in a bedroom system (or especially used as a transport for an AVR/Pre-pro), it has been a joy to use for nearly a decade!

Submitted by writemeanovel a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 25, 2009

Bottom Line:
I've owned this player for at least 4 years now. Video quality is excellent. Sound quality is excellent, though not quite in the same class as the comparable NAD CD player. One thing I've recently discovered - and no one seems to review - is that the DVD player also has the option of a 96Khz audio signal, which is still state of the art today. I've noticed a very pleasant improvement in using the 96Khz audio option. I couldn't find a better DVD player in this price range, which is why I bought a NAD DVD player. The same goes for all their equipment.. Good stuff, decent price, great value.

Submitted by audiofilenut a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 6, 2004

Bottom Line:
Very good utility player, for both CD's and DVD's.
Not many players will play both DVD and CD's well. Excellent sound, excellent picture. Better sound than any mass market player. This is a first rate player with the performance that you won't be able to approach in this price range. You could spend a lot more, but don't expect substantially better performance

I don't believe in giving a bad review for a defective piece of hardware. I haven't had any issues with NAD, nor do I know anyone that has when purchased from an authorized dealer. NAD has a very good warrantee.

Highly recommended

Submitted by maartencb a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 22, 2004

Bottom Line:
First week i have the damn thing and it brakes down.... really worthless crap. I should have known after reading the reviews of the T 741 reciever. NAD is on a return I'm afraid. Good design though, but design is not very important when the player is just sitting here doing NOTHING. Keeps saying "No disc", tried many discs, but had no succes..... Last time NAD for me.

Purchased At:   Rotterdam