NAD T562
Description: <ul> <li>Plays DVD-Video, VCD, CD, CD-R, CD-RW</li> <li>Progressive Scan on Component Video Output</li> <li>HDCD® decoding</li> <li>State-of-the-art MPEG audio decoder (230V only)</li> <li>Dolby Digital/PCM/DTS Digital Output</li> <li>Component Video; S-Video; Composite Video Outputs</li> </ul>

Submitted by batangcaloocan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 6, 2007

Bottom Line:
Great dvd player,Sound and Picture quality are awesome way better than my old Toshiba SD6200

Purchased At:   Used

Submitted by gaoo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 11, 2006

Bottom Line:
I had the chance to put the hand on this unit (since it's no longer produced because the dealer told me the unit was too expensive for the market to be a very good seller) Also, he sold me this one to be used more like a CD player than a DVD (I was looking for a CD only...). It was supposed to beat the NAD C521bee CD and even the C542 and I had this at a price lower than the c542! So why don't take it a try??? After 5 months of owning this CD, I can happily tell you this unit really outperforms my expectations. It really sound better that the C521bee, removing all "bzzz" you can hear in voices to much more natural "sss", the unit is revealing you all subtile infos recorderd on the cd, and sound actually closer to the reality than everything I had to listen. Also featuring an IEC power cable connector, to allow you to change the cord; I'm experimenting now a Maxicable. The biggest improvement was increasing precision of the sounstage / imaging. I remember listening to a track of Jack Jonhson In between dreams, track number 12 I think, the music starts, we hear a guitar between center and right, and a little later, Jack begin to sing in the same position!!! Wow. Perfect. I would be able to go at this spot and playing guitar!!! Also during this track, you can suppose he is outside because you are supposed to hear the traffic... Not very easy the fisrt time... And I don't even talk you about Diana Krall... hmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!! The bass, the drums, the cymbals, the piano... Just listen to The girl in the other room, track 9; if you don't find diana krall performing live in front of you, maybe it's time to upgrade! I hear all movements of its mouth, is breath, it's real! the piano is center to the right, guitar, center to the left, a bit more to the left in a spot, and diana in center (I personaly thing is voice in travelling a bit from center to the right, maybe it's just echo..., or maybe this unit can tell me diana were looking to the right while singing!
Also a good CD player need good equipment to perform it's best:
-Musical Fidelity A3.5 int. amp
-B&W DM603 S3 floorstanders
-Audioquest CLS Type 4 bi-wire speaker cables
-Maxicable Power cable for CD and AMP
-Tributaries Silver series SCA interconnects
-and the NAD T562 CD/DVD/MP3 player
A very nice kit!

Submitted by jhc23 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 31, 2004

Bottom Line:
I picked this up to compliment my 20 year old NAD separates. I wanted something that would play everything and as I was pre-sold on NAD quality it was the logical choice in a single disc unit. I am very happy with it. It even plays an all region PAL DVD although not rated to.

Purchased At:   Harvey Electronics