Mitsubishi DD-6000 DVD Players

4.6/5 (10 Reviews) MSRP : $999.00

Single Disc DVD/CD player - 10-bit Video DACs - 96kHz/24-bit audio DACs - Component Video Output

Submitted by Steve Z a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 8, 2001

Bottom Line:
I bought this about an year ago. Just as it came out. When wired to my Sony WEGA 36"(or 40" was it?) Progressive TV gives an Super Impressive Image.. The video quality is exceptional but i have not basis of comprason since i have not seen any other progressive DVD wired to Progressive TV (WEGA) anywhere else. It was worth the money at the time ~$450, and I still appreciate the SuperHQ Video clarity, and BlockBuster likes me renting piles of DVDs.

The menus are very intuitive as well as being packed with nice little features Dim/Zoom/Screensaver/many ouputs. The remote is great shape (compared to Yamaha's V596 Amp remote)

Nevertheless it hurts that such a good ($$)unit will not play at least CD-Audio CD-Rs if not MP3s. I have yet to try it with DVD-Audio disks, but I expect to be awed by the sound. My dvd is wired to Yamaha(THE BestValue:they make ALL internal compunents) V596 Amp + 5 NHT (when knocked on, they sound like Solid wood)speakers. I LOVE (read: Auction)DVD Movies!

REMEMBER! Always to use GOOD quality wires(MONSTERCable), even if it seems to have a high acquisition price. Otherwise you are cheating yourself big time!

4 stars because lacks simple CD-R AudioCD if not MP3 for
$-value of similar units. Hope the price to come down a little as well!

Purchased At:   P.C. Richard & Sons

Submitted by Tom a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 26, 2001

Bottom Line:
Bought this player as a floor model for about $420. I was looking at the Sony 9000es but couldn't justify the $1100 diference. Maybe in a year or so when it gets a little cheaper. This progressive scan DVD paired with my Sony 36XBR400 delivers an impressive picture. The audio was also quite good.

Purchased At:   Good Guys

Submitted by Mark a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 15, 2001

Bottom Line:
I am very hard to impress, but so far I am really impressed with the video quality and sound from this unit playing both DVDs and CDs. I have just connected digital optical cables and the sound is amazing. Coupled with the Mit. 46807 16:9 widescreen TV, I no longer need to watch a movie in the theatre.

I would have given the unit a five (5) star rating, but the DVDs load a little slowly. I am just a perfectionist. The only other complaint is that I can't view extra features of some DVDs. The most recent problem was with "The Beach". The extra scenes could not be viewed, but the audio was heard. The screen would flicker and then show the blue screen as the audio played.

Purchased At:   local retailer

Submitted by David Murray a

Date Reviewed: January 19, 2001

Bottom Line:
This is a solid unit that plays perfect video quality in progressive scan, although some discs stretch in progressive (on my TV, a 16:9 Mits wt46805). Because of this, I used a video switch and connected both interlace and progressive connections. The interlace isn't bad, it gives me flexibility in adjusting picture format which isn't an option with progressive (at least on my TV), but the video quality doesn't compare to the progressive. Some discs that play perfelctly on it, are Jurassic Park, U2Rattle and Hum, Aliens, Mission to Mars, Stewart Little, Bicentenial Man.

Submitted by Scott Timpe a

Date Reviewed: January 3, 2001

Bottom Line:
If the player had not developed the power problem only 3 1/2 months after purchase, would have rated this at 5 stars as the picture is just awesome. Unable to replace it at Good Guys, so out for repair. Will not give a loaner till after 10 days out! And then hit or miss if loaner will be progressive or not. Have had a Sony player for 2 years now that has never had a problem.

Purchased At:   Good Guys