Memorex MVD2027 DVD Players

2.1/5 (10 Reviews)

- DVD, VCD, CD player function.
- Built-in MP3 decoder.
- On-screen graphical user interface.
- Parental lock function, slow motion function.
- Fast play function, multi-angle menu.
- Zoom function, 5-bookmark selection.
- Includes 43-key remote control.

Submitted by Brad Hustad a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: September 4, 2009

Bottom Line:
Worked fine for about half a year and then the door stopped opening. Opened the housing and fixed, but problem came back. Fixed again and problem came back. And again and after about four uses, the door again would not open. Now the player sits gathering dust and is not used. It is impractical to continually have to open the housing and nudge the door open gently just for one use. This product does not seem built to last a long time with regular wear and tear. When I actually do get the door open, it works fine, but I should not need a screwdriver to get to that point. I do not recommend purchase.

Submitted by Cravey a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 4, 2004

Bottom Line:
I received this DVD player as a gift one Christmas. I looked forward to the high quality picture, seamless presentation and outstanding audio from todays DVD movies. Halfway into the first rental the picture froze just like pushing Pause. It jumped forward a bit in a stuttering digital frenzy and then resumed playing. I cleaned the disc and the problem went away. During a replay this problem repeated during the length of the movie.
The type of DVD seems to make no difference; all are subject to pausing, skipping and, oddly enough, the player will repeat 10 second segments of movie, like an echo.

Purchased At:   Best Buys

Submitted by Doug a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 1, 2003

Bottom Line:
I have had the exact same skipping and freezing problems that others have had.

It doesn't matter if the disc if new or old, they still skip. Sometimes it will actually play a movie but as often as not it skips, gags, and freezes. This often happens with brand new DVDs.

This unit sucks and since others are habing the exact same problems I hope nobody else ever buys the damn thing.

Purchased At:   Target

Submitted by Richard Gulick a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 20, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought this product mainly to play dvd's and haven't tried any mp3s, etc. on it. I was very satisfied with its performance for the first couple months. However, approximately two months ago, it began skipping and freezing while playing rented discs. These discs were dirty and scratched and my own dvds still performed well, so I assumed the condition of the rented discs were to blame.
In the last week I have witnessed the player behave in the manner described above on my personal dvds. In fact, I just bought a new dvd and it played approximately half way, then began to freeze. I stopped play and returned later to continue viewing the dvd, and the player would not load it at all. It will not load any of my personal dvds now.
I have had no other problems with this player, but when it fails to perform its main function, one becomes quite disappointed...

Purchased At:   Target

Submitted by Jim a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: September 22, 2002

Bottom Line:
I received this as a gift from my daughter on Father's day 2002. It was fine at first. Recently, however, about 1 of every 2 dvd's I buy will not load. Of those that do load it has ocassional problems with skipping, repeating scenes, freezing. Being new to dvd players, I assumed the first couple incidents were due to bad discs, but it happened again and again. That's when I scanned the web looking for reviews of the product and found time and time again people generally consider it to be a very low quality player.

Purchased At:   Don't know