Marantz DV6200 DVD Players

4.57/5 (14 Reviews)

Well open your eyes... Marantzs DV6200 is a high-performance DVD player that incorporates advanced digital technologies for extraordinary picture quality. Progressive scan and 3:2 pull down assure a smooth, accurate image with dynamic, vivid colors. In addition, the DV6200 is optimized for true, high-end audiophile performance, with premium audio circuitry. It also includes a built in MP3 decoder, to provide up to 10 hours of continuos musical playback and a convenient display dimmer. This innovative DVD player will excite you for years to come.

Submitted by Jason Azbill a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 19, 2004

Bottom Line:
When looking for a progressive scan DVD player I was amazed at the picture quality and the sound this DVD player performs at. It really produces a crystal clear picture on my Mitsubishi WS 65809 65" Wide Screen TV.
I have had to take it back to dealer once for a software update. I had one DVD that it would not play from Block Buster Video.
I would highly recommend this player!

Purchased At:   Hawkeye Audio, Cedar

Submitted by pressplay a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 28, 2004

Bottom Line:
I ve used this unit for almost a year and a half and everything I throw at it runs flawlessly. I know that it doesnt have the latest capabilities of SACD and DVDA playback. But all things considered I would challenge anyone to find a better sounding or video/picture quality dvd player. The picture is incredibly sharp and crisp. Its makes every dvd a better and a fuller experience. I sincerely hope the next dvd player I purchase will be able to match this unit in quality.

Submitted by smokehouse a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 17, 2003

Bottom Line:
I tried this unit to appease one of my co-workers. I was dead set on the Sony DVP-NS755v, a progressive scan, SACD player. To my suprise this unit is amazing! What really stands out is the audio. From Dolby Digital and DTS to 2ch CD, this unit is top notch. I heard movies like never before. The video cut off during CD play is also superb. Figuring this is a Marantz and audio is their forte', I wasn't expecting much on the video end. Once again, to my surprise, the video is excellent as well! This unit blew the Sony away in almost every test I used. Once you calibrate your TV to it, there's no turning back, amazing. I'm running this unit on progressive scan through the component outputs.
My system(video portion):
Hitachi 51SWX20B rear projection set
Marantz Dv6200 DVD player
Tributaries Direct connect component
Tributaries Driect connect Coaxial (audio)

Submitted by lyndonlim a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 10, 2002

Bottom Line:
I was blown away by the sound when I took it home for a trial. I was looking for an upgrade over my Toshiba SD1200. At first, the brighter picture gave me the impression that everything was much sharper, but I noticed that it was overly bright when certain colors seemed washed out. Slight Artefacts were also noticeable in darker scenes...probably exacerbated by the overly bright setting. The brightness level may not be a problem for some because much much more detail is revealed...you notice things in a movie you have never noticed before. Its a personal thing, neither bad nor good. The sound quality is first class...as good as the Toshiba 900E flagship that I have. For the first time, I heard the grandfather clock "Legend's of the Fall" ticking in the house...extremely precise stuff !!

Submitted by Viker1 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 16, 2002

Bottom Line:
I previously used a Panasonic rv30, and to say the least the dv6200X is a radical step forward. As in the previous reviews I also compared this unit to a denon dvd1600 (same price range), and I had several guests in the viewing room (other shoppers). Switching back and forth between the marantz dv6200X and the denon dvd1600 using a five minute sequence in the opening of gladiator and when all was completed 4 out of 5 people in the room voted the marantz dv6200X the hands down winner in both audio and video quality, with the other voter being undecided. This made my choice all the easier. When I hooked it up to my television using the component outputs and the optical output for audio to my a/v reciever, to put it mildly, I was truly amazed and impressed. The picture quality is second to none and the audio range is wonderful. The fit and finish of the unit is also excellent, a professional piece of work. The remote is a decent unit as well, with many functions and easily useable

TARA LABS: