Kenwood DV-403 DVD Players

4.6/5 (5 Reviews) MSRP : $250.00

DVD player

Submitted by mohd mohamed a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 11, 2001

Bottom Line:
For me, Kenwood has always producing a good audio video, i'm been using my Lser disc and vcd product for more than 4 years, and yet no problem. It's tough. Very tough!!.No matter how frequent you use the machine.

Purchased At:   Kuala Lumpur Twins City Centre

Submitted by Bill Koda a

Date Reviewed: January 22, 2001

Bottom Line:
I've never had an easier to use DVD player

Submitted by Brian Lang a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 7, 2000

Bottom Line:
I love this player. It's small, it looks cool, and it does an excelent job. Plus it came with its own optical cable. Other options not in its description include: 2 dimmer settings; subwoofer preout; a display that shows how many audio channels the media is producing; a night-time listening mode; and several TV settings. If you have a receiver with digital optical in, then you will want this DVD player. If your receiver only has digital coax in, then find another player because it doesn't have coax out. DVD players are a must, and this one is a great buy!

Purchased At:   Crutchfield

Submitted by Brian a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: September 15, 2000

Bottom Line:
Everyone if you have not seen what the picture looks like on this, you are really(REALLY) missing out. The picture is about the same as one of the FAR more expensive models($800 even) the sound is really good too. I sat down in front of the HTB-503DV at the store and imediatly the quality blew me away. I have seen many of the semi cheaper dvd players (second fav. is the apex ####) but i must suggest this one.
The 403 replaces the 303 and dont think the 303 is better cuz it has a better raiting because i am the second to add one, the first gave it a bad raiting

Purchased At:   Langlois

Submitted by David Threlkeld a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 18, 2000

Bottom Line:
I bought this player in june after reviewing alot of different players. I was ready to buy the DV-303 but had a hard time finding one. This is the replacement for the 303 and so far I am very happy with it. For some reason they did away with the digital coax connection for audio. Your only choices are fiber optic or analog. This wasnt a problem for me since my reciever has a fiber optic input and the player comes with a TosLink cable. So far I have only had 2 problems with playing dvd's but they were very dirty and scratched rentals which played fine after cleaning them. It even played a beat up rental of The Matrix with no problems.

Some other things you might want to know are, no componant video out, only composite which is fine for me, wont play MP3's or CD-R's but music cd's work great. No built in DTS or DD, my reciever has both so again not a problem for me. Has a subwoofer pre-out which I find odd but some people might like that feature. Has 2 levels of virtual surround mode, again I dont need it. The remote is a good size and easy to use.

I havent figured out why they MSRP is about half of the model it replaces, it doesnt seem to be missing anything the 303 had except for a digital coax output.

I give it 4 stars overall because nothing is perfect.

Purchased At:   Sounds Fine, New York