Kenwood DV-303 DVD Players

4.29/5 (14 Reviews) MSRP : $450.00

Home DVD Player - 24-bit/96kHz DACs - 10-bit Video DACs - Digital Audio Output: 2 (1 Coaxial, 1 TOS-link Optical, DTS Compatible) - RCA Audio Outputs - Video Outputs: 1 Component, 1 S-Video, 2 Composite

Submitted by Brad Cook a

Date Reviewed: January 6, 2002

Bottom Line:
Worked fairly well until it stopped. Wouldn't play about half of my DVDs one day. Completely out of the blue. Nobody knows what the hell is wrong with it.

Submitted by Brett a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 25, 2000

Bottom Line:
This is a pretty good player. I got it for $225 Canadian so I thought it was a good deal at the time considering I would have had to pay about $400 for an RCA 5220P. I've rented several DVDs from netflix.com that were pretty badly scratched and it never had a problem playing them. This player also has component outputs, digital audio outs, composite video, and of course S-video out. It's a rebadged Panasonic A-120, but after comparing it with that model the Kenwood had quite a few more useful features than the Panasonic and a better warranty. No CD-R support is a bad thing, but my Kenwood CD player plays them fine so I shouldn't really complain about that. Overall though, a good deal for the price and I would assume the 2001 DV-403 should be comparable in quality and features.

Submitted by Mike Stamper a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 24, 2000

Bottom Line:
This is my first DVD player, which I bought after reading the reviews here. After two weeks of use on all kinds of DVDs (included the dreaded DVD-buster "The Matrix"), I can honestly say I have found no flaws. Everything plays and sounds great.

My advice? Don't buy a cheaper player. Spend a little more (I paid $200) and get something of this quality.

Submitted by Rich a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 24, 2000

Bottom Line:
I bought this beauty from Ubid. $189.00! What a great deal! It was not even Refurbished! The best deal I could find anywhere else was $289.00! Considering what I paid for it, I could not be happier. Now if I could only win the V309 reciever with AC-3 and DTS...

Submitted by John P a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 31, 2000

Bottom Line:
I'm happy with the unit to date. I have played a large selection of movies and not one glitch. More than I can say for Proscan 8075 - took it back! easy to navigate, good sound and picture. Price was great. It's a keeper

Wood Technology: