JVC XV S60BK DVD Players

- Plays DVD-Video discs, CDs, audio CD-Rs and CD-RWs, and MP3 CDs.
- 54MHz/10-bit video D/A converter (progressive-scan mode).
- Selectable interlaced/progressive-scan video output (progressive-scan requires a compatible TV).
- 3D-Phonic virtual surround sound.
- Optical and coaxial digital outputs for Dolby Digital/DTS/PCM.
- 1 set of A/V outputs (composite video, S-video, and component video).
- Zoom magnification for Play/Pause.
- Multi-brand remote with glow-in-the-dark buttons.
- JVC AV CompuLink.
- 96kHz/24-bit audio D/A converter.

Submitted by Ryan Conrad a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2003

Bottom Line:
Great DVD Prog-Scan Player! This unit is comparable to my friend's Pioneer Elite that he paid close to $1000 for. We watched X-Men on his Pioneer and my JVC back to back and he felt ripped off. For the money, this player can't be beat for under $250.
Remote does suck, but fortunately my Onkyo remote does just fine.

Purchased At:   Brandnamez.com

Submitted by Ryan Conrad a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2003

Bottom Line:
This is a great Progressive Scan player. For the price, there is not much better out there. My friend who spent close to $1000 on a Pioneer Elite P-Scan said this is just as good, as we set them up one after another and watched X-Men.
This remote is kinda weak, but fortunately I have an Onkyo receiver that rocks and that remote is just fine. I would say this is a steal if you can find it under $225.

Purchased At:   Brandnamez.com

Submitted by swederic a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 10, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is my first DVD player and I'm very happy with it, it definitly makes my old 28" TV look better. I obviously haven't used the P-scan feature yet but I have used the mp3's, which works okay but sometimes it has trouble with playing the very odd track, it will sound like it is skipping and playing through the track at 1oo mph, but all i have to do is start the track over again and it plays fine. You can't skip through the track at all, which sucks, and if you use folders on your mp3 discs it will not automatically go to the next folder and play it, you have to go back through the menu and enter the next one manually. Other than that its a great unit a/v wise

Purchased At:   Future Shop

Submitted by Sajo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 24, 2002

Bottom Line:
Did a lot of research before I bought this. (Much came from this site) I notice the picture sometimes "shakes" a bit but quickly goes away and is not noticed. Other than that, this is a great DVD player. My third one so far. I can see the clarity in this but it does take a keen eye. I like the features such as automatically adjusting between 16:9 and 4:3 and the true 2:3 pulldown. The menu and setup is not really straightforward but I got through it as I am sure most of you would.

Purchased At:   VANNS.com

Submitted by phm141 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 29, 2002

Bottom Line:
Seven days old and it will not recognize DVDs. Have played 3-4 movies. No easy fix-am returning for refund. Bought this to replace a Sony DVP-S360-see 482 bad reviews of that POS on this sight.

Purchased At:   one call