JVC XV-M567GD DVD Players

3.69/5 (16 Reviews) MSRP : $349.95

· Compatible with DVD Video, Audio CD and Video CD · High-bit/high-sampling (10-bit/27MHz video D/A converter · Component Video, Composite Video, and S-Video terminals · Optical digital outputs for PCM, Dolby Digital and DTS · Separate construction throughout: Power supply, Digital circuitry, Analog Video and Analog Audio circuits are physically separated

Submitted by richard k a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 11, 2001

Bottom Line:
overall its a great product .
does anyone know if its progresive scan video output

Purchased At:   best buy

Submitted by Damir Horvat a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: October 25, 2001

Bottom Line:
In addition to readibility to DVD-Video, Video-CD, SVCD and Audio-CD I've found that this unit is capable to read CD-G, CD-EXTRA & CD-TEXT. Not many DVD and/or CD-player(s) on market can do this for this price.

Purchased At:   Harvey Norman

Submitted by Damir Horvat a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: October 24, 2001

Bottom Line:
Overall very good. I have Nakamichi receiver and Accuphase CD-player, however for this kind of cost this equipment just sound great both in audio and video.

Purchased At:   Harvey Norman

Submitted by Billy Bob William a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 12, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have watched DVD's on my powerbook for a while, but I eventually wanted to be able to view DVD's on my t.v. of course. I liked the looks of this unit, and wanted a DVD player with multiple trays since this will be my only CD player also. It does not play *my* CD-R's, which is a disappointment. I read that another reviewer was able to play CD-R's though. I would like to know what media type he was using, and what program he used to burn his CD's. I used Verbatim 80 min., with Toast 4 on a mac to make the CD's I tested the unit with.

Overall, I'm happy with the unit, though there are a few things I'm disappointed with:
1. The picture on my t.v. is darker than it should be, in my opinion. Even on it's brightest option in the controls. I feel like I'm missing out on about 20 to 40 percent of the detail in scenes that are already dark to begin with. This was my biggest disappointment with the unit.
2. The trays are a little louder than I would like when first putting in DVD's/CD's, and when switching between the three trays.
3. The green indicator lights to the right of the trays, are always on when there is something in each tray, which is a good way to tell you where you put something, but when a DVD or CD is playing, the light flashes on and off. If you are watching a DVD in the dark, this quickly becomes annoying, or even distracting, constantly watching this flash to the right or left of the t.v. It could be a nice, if it wasn't so bright, and if it was more subtle, like a current Mac G4 desktop's power button, in how it pulsates warmly, instead of bluntly flashing brightly.
4. The volume is lower than any other component I have, but the sound quality is fine. Just turn up the volume a little bit more than usual and it's fine.

Oh, and just to let you know, I didn't have the best experience with xtremeshopper. It took three and a half weeks after I ordered this unit, before I received it. I only received two emails, each right after I placed the order. They didn't even send me one to say it had been shipped. I called after about a week after placing the order, and they gave me a couple of excuses. They never responded to an email I sent concerning the order. I don't know whether my experiance is commonplace with them or not, but I won't be ordering from them again. But you can't beat the price, right? (It was $212 with shipping btw).

Purchased At:   xtremeshopper.com

Submitted by Tony a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 5, 2001

Bottom Line:
Overall it does what I want it to and that is Play DVD's and have more than one available so I don't have to get up and change movies as often. Sound so far is fine. Just not crazy about the gold color but I guess I can live with it. People are right about how much the sound decreases as opposed to the rest of the systems components. But it functions fine so I guess I can't complain too much about it.

Purchased At:   Best But