JVC XV-D2000BK DVD Players

3.2/5 (5 Reviews) MSRP : $1000.00

DVD player

Submitted by Mike D. a

Date Reviewed: September 14, 2001

Bottom Line:
Overall it is a good player except for the weaknesses noted below

Submitted by Bob a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 30, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have owned this DVD player since December of 98 and picked it up on sale for $450.00. The play quality is still awesome. Does an excellent job of Decoding each disc with great sound and picture. For the price I payed I have no complaints.

This unit has played every DVD I own great, but then I was watching the movie Payback and a certain scene locked up on me everytime I restarted the movie. I unplugged the unit that night to reset it and watched the movie again the following night and worked fine and same with the rest of my collection.

One thing to remember and the manual also states, that this DVD player needs to be unplugged once in a while in order to reset and then playing should resume fine and it has in my experience with it. Also, If this unit is not used for weeks at a time then it needs to be unplugged, otherwise this unit deserves 5 stars for it's build and picture quality.

Purchased At:   Cambridge Soundworks

Submitted by Jack Tarr a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 14, 2001

Bottom Line:
I bought this player on 12-18-98. I give it a 5 star value rating because I think I've gotten more than my moneys worth. For ANY player that acts up, try unplugging it awhile. That can work wonders. I like the GUI menu. You can change audio and picture setups while the disc is playing. I have no experience with JVC customer support because I've never had to contact them. I would buy this same model again if I could find it. I haven't had any DVD freeze or not play. Not too many players do that. Maybe I lucked out finding this unit.

Purchased At:   800.com

Submitted by Phire a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 6, 2001

Bottom Line:
TERRIBLE UNIT, I agree with everything the review above says, it freezes up and will end up dying very quickly! It's
just shocking how bad this product is considering its from
JVC. Totally shocked.

Submitted by Bert a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 4, 2001

Bottom Line:
This unit worked OK in the beginning year. Now it is a disaster. It skips, gives no sound of any kind anymore, and never really synced with its receiver rx-884, forcing manual sound selection every use. The compulink is and was allways a joke. I bought a matched JVC system and have regreted it ever since. JVC support is embarrassing, if existant at all. I would NEVER buy a JVC product again.

Premier Mounts: