JVC HR-XVC33U
Description: <ul> <li>Pro-cision 19 micron heads</li> <li>1-Month/ 8 Event Programmable Timer</li> <li>Auto Clock Setting and Auto Timer Setting</li> <li>Auto Tracking</li> <li>Commercial Skip Search</li> <li>Index Search and Skip Search</li> <li>Child Lock</li> <li>Multi-Brand Remote Control</li> </ul>

Submitted by twister3233@aol.com a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 10, 2004

Bottom Line:
I purchased this unit 4 months ago from Circuit City for around $149. The first unit I took home skipped halfway thru the DVD until it came up with "no disc" on the display. I tried every DVD I had, even new ones. I took it back and CC seemed astonished that I would have problems with this unit but unhappily replaced it. The second unit worked with DVD fine, but sometimes the remote would switch it to VHS and sometimes it wouldn't. The tape would not eject unless you hold the door open with a toothpick. Recently, it quit switching to VHS all together. When I turn it on, it goes to DVD and if it is empty, it says no disc, and sticks there until you turn it off and back on. If you turn it on with a DVD in it, it plays it without letting you switch to VHS. Trying to turn on the VCR is impossible now. The 90 day warranty ran out shortly before the VHS quit completly. In my case, this was a total waste of money.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by laubry a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 2, 2004

Bottom Line:
Just what I needed after my VCR died. I needed a new DVD player as well. I wanted it to go with my 32" JVC TV. It works well has a great sound. I am very pleased.

Purchased At:   Circuit City