Go Video DVR5000 DVD-VHS Player DVD Players

1.77/5 (31 Reviews)

· Complete versatilty to play DVDs, audio CDs or VHS Tapes · Watch a DVD while recording a TV show to the VCR · Auto setup automatically sets clock and searches for channels · A/V switching between TV, VCR and DVD deck with TV view button for ease of use

Submitted by TJ a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 29, 2003

Bottom Line:
Purchased the Dual Go Video unit to allow our children to view both VHS collection and venture into the DVD arena. Go Video offered one of the first dual VHS/DVD players and we purchased it.
After one Month, the DVD drawer simply would not open. Calls to Go Video and the standard "unplug" for 20 minutes did not help the problem. Was asked to send unit back to factory for warranty work. Took one month before we received the unit back.
Occasionally had the DVD lock-up problem, seems to do this when warm. Skipping and other play problems continued. It has finally locked up for good and again refuses to open. Next step is the curb. The VHS side of things has been worry free but the DVD transport is terrible. With all the new companies in the dual player market, would highly suggest seeking another brand

Purchased At:   Circuit City ?

Submitted by Jessica a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 15, 2003

Bottom Line:
I bought this refurbished unit from a private seller on Ebay (smart feller, to get rid of it...), and was at first very pleased with it. The VCR worked (and continues to work) great, and the DVD player only occasionally skipped, something I attributed to the rental DVDs. The remote (a universal remote, not the original) drove me up the wall, since it was impossible to program properly, and we could only ever select things from the left or right (not up and down), but again, this was not the fault of the player. In the last 6 months, however, the DVD player has started to evidence all of the problems noted by everyone else here: if it recognizes the DVD at all, it skips or freezes at the most inopportune times (right in the middle of one of the most harrowing parts of The Ring!), and we have to sit there, patiently inserting and re-inserting the disk until it finally recognizes the DVD, and we can try to continue watching the film. Yesterday, we finally gave up and bought a new player (a Magnavox dual system... anyone heard anything about those?), and so far, it's worked like a dream. We cheered when it recognized the disk on the first try, and almost cried at the end of the film, because it hadn't skipped once...

Purchased At:   Used from Ebay Selle

Submitted by DJErica a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 9, 2003

Bottom Line:
I really like my DVR5000, I chose this one over the 4000 models because the features were so much more. It was originally $399.99 but got it on sale. I also like the ability to play my CDR and CDRW on it. It's really an A+ machine.

Purchased At:   KMart

Submitted by Patrick the techy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 21, 2003

Bottom Line:
I like to get free JUNK to fix... and this is definitely FREE JUNK. So, I tried it out, opened 'er up, and, even though I am a Retired Air Force technician, and have since designed the standards for UL fire/burglar reporting centers, and several alarm panels, and have access to a multi-million dollar repair center, on our spacious assembly lines, I will pass on this one!

Kept the new batteries from the Remote, and that Free, New Coaxial cable, with the gold ends!

Purchased At:   Curb side garbage, w