Audiovox D1705 DVD Players

3.67/5 (3 Reviews) MSRP : $309.00

• Plays CD Audio, MP3s on CD-R, VCDs, & SVCDs
  • Built-in Speakers
  • 3-Hour Lithium ion Battery
  • Includes: credit card style remote control, cigarette lighter adapter, & Video cables
  • Color - Silver

Submitted by GTI 24V VR6 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 17, 2004

Bottom Line:
I am very pleased with this product, and researched and comparison shopped many players before I chose this one. Also, I have had absolutely NO problems with it. It plays DVD's very well, with no mechanical issues, skipping, or artifacts, and I was also able to modify it very easily using the remote to play foreign DVD's as well. Now I can watch my British rock and comedy DVD's as well as USA titles! The video quality is very good, with crisp enough colors and well defined contrast. The battery lasts a few hours too. It has plenty of features and on screen menu adjustments as well such as brightness, contrast, hue, and saturation, and comes with both an AC/DC and a cigarette lighter adapter. For convenience sake, the unit also has a volume and brightness thumbwheel control as well, and a myriad of jacks and outputs. The remote is a complete joy to use. Very thin and full featured. This is an excellent 'best bang for the buck' portable DVD player which has met and exceeded my expectations. Great job Audiovox!

Purchased At:   HH Gregg

Submitted by J2345 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 9, 2003

Bottom Line:
I was hoping will play my back up DVD's I doesn't, so I wasted my money.It does not specify what type is supposed to play, catalog is confusing and you have to use the remote to set it. If you loose the remote yo are dead.

Purchased At:   Costco

Submitted by rtravis3343 a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: September 7, 2003

Bottom Line:
This unit offers a lot for the money. First it comes with tv connection, car power adapter and power accessories that costs more with other units. The image is sharp for such a small screen. I did have to adjust the contrast and other video settings to my preference but I'm sure this would have been required on other units as well. The sound is decent for such a small package. Earlier Audiovox units had a problem with freezing and stopping. I've used my unit for 4 hours straight and haven't had such problems. Apparently the newer software installed in the unit has resolved these problems.

Purchased At:   BJs Wholesale CLub