Apex Digital AD 703 DVD Players

2.95/5 (64 Reviews) MSRP : $179.00

3 Disc DVD Changer / Can play recorded discs with MP3 Files / NTSC and PAL Video Outputs / Karaoke with 2 Mic inputs

Submitted by showman66 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 1, 2006

Bottom Line:
worst DVD player "EVER!"
I got fed up with itlocking up and "dig-ing" out, that i used it as a cd player at work.
After being in a wet basement for a while,I took it apart and touched the circuit boars and wiggled things around to make the warranty nice and voided. put it back together and, behold! it started working again. unfortunately, I can't find the remote so the OSD stays on.

word of advice: do not replace your 703 with a ad-1200 or any other apex product. remember, you get what you pay for.

Purchased At:   probably target

Submitted by Gene Noel a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: May 28, 2003

Bottom Line:
Apex AT2002S 20 in. Standard Television

Submitted by copper6203 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 23, 2002

Bottom Line:
Will never buy a Apex again! Right out of the box I had problems with the player skipping when watching DVD's. I took it back, and the 2nd one did the same. Sometimes it plays, sometimes it will not. I've cleaned the lasrer, with no fix. It will play audio CD'd with out any problems, but for DVD's ... :-( I now use my PS2 and have no problems with the same DVD's!

Submitted by Sean Thompson a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 1, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought an Apex unit two years ago from a excellent review from "techtv" (formally known as "ZDTV"). I did experience some problems with 1/2 of the dvd's. This was due to the DVD manufactures changing the DVD format to a dual layer. The first model from Apex did not "play" dual layer DVD's unless you pushed the "resume" button. I took the unit back to Circuit City under warranty for a cleaning and to replace the compenents to read the new dvd format. Circuit City wanted to just replace my 1 year old unit with the new AD-703. I agreed, it did the same things, dvd's, vcd's, cd's, mp3's & karaoke's. I have not had a problem since then 1 1/2 ago so far. On 12/1/02, I experienced my first problem after 12hrs of DVD playing, the unit needed to cool off for 1 hour before I was able to play my last Band of Brothers DVD. That day I played 10 DVD's. I like my DVD player. If I had the problems the others had I would be very upset.

Submitted by Derwin a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: September 5, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have had few problems with the Apex DVD player that I got for Father's Day 2001. Its not perfect, for example it had problems reading the audio track for the Final Fantasy movie and one out of every 30 or so times it'll misread the disc and has to be turn off and then back on.
Also I should note my player is a
703-A model. So that may have a some bearing on its performance.

Purchased At:   Sam's Club