Samsung BD-UP5000 Blu-ray and HD-DVD Player Blu-Ray

The BD-UP5000 offers Blu-ray Disc playback at an amazing 1080p resolution. A 32-tap adaptive up-scaler offers brilliant Blu-ray image detail. And picture quality adjustments let you set sharpness and noise reduction to your liking.

Submitted by Johnnybgoode a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 17, 2009

Bottom Line:
First I rated the value as 5 because I purchased it after the bluray-HDDVD war was over and I picked it up for 399.00. If I had paid the price when it first came out that was close to 1000.00 the value rating would not have been that high.

It works flawlessly I have had no issues with it. I have not done an AB comparison to another High Def player but on my TV the picture is perfect. I have an older rear projection TV a High def TV and the picture is quite impressive considering. It is better then the under 2000.00 LCD/plasma's and mine is a 57 wide screen and a 61 regular screen

I have purchased quite a few HD-DVD's at blow out prices usually 3 dollars or less. I have not compared the Bluray to the HDDVD on the unit with the same movie but from what I have seen with the Bluray DVD's I have rented I think the HD-DVD will win.

The only issue is the response from the remote is a little slow.

John