Streem HT-808
Description: <li>Front Speakers (FS-808) <li>System Type: 3 way - 4 driver <li>Tweeter: 1" pure silk dome <li>Midrange: 5.25" polypropylene treated driver with Butyl rubber surround <li>Woofer: dual 8" polypropylene treated drivers with Butyl rubber surrounds <li>Power Handling: 50 - 200 Watts (400 Watts Peak) <li>Frequency Response: 35Hz - 20KHz <li>Sensitivity: 92 dB <li>Crossover Frequency: 500 / 4000Hz <li>Impedance: 8 Ohms <li>Cabinet: 100% MDF wood construction <li>Enclosure: tuned front port bass reflex <li>Dimensions: 41.3 x 10.6 x 11.8 inches ( H x W x D) <li>Weight: 47.3 lbs <li>Center Speaker (CV-525) <li>System Type: 2 way - 3 driver <li>Tweeter: 1" pure silk dome <li>Midrange/Woofer: dual 5.25" polypropylene treated drivers with Butyl rubber surrounds <li>Power Handling: 20 - 120 <li>Watts (200 Watts Peak) <li>Frequency Response: 70Hz - 20KHz <li>Sensitivity: 88 dB <li>Crossover Frequency: 4000Hz <li>Impedance: 8 Ohms <li>Cabinet: 100% MDF wood construction <li>Enclosure: acoustic suspension <li>Dimensions: 7.1 x 17.7 x 7.9 inches (H x W x D) <li>Weight: 16.8 lbs <li>Surround Speakers (SR-280) <li>System Type: 2 way - 2 driver <li>Tweeter: 3/4" dome <li>Midrange/Woofer: 5.25" polypropylene treated driver with Butyl rubber surround <li>Power Handling: 20 - 80 Watts (150 Watts Peak) <li>Frequency Response: 70Hz - 20KHz <li>Sensitivity: 87 dB <li>Crossover Frequency: 4000Hz <li>Impedance: 8 Ohms <li>Cabinet: 100% MDF wood construction <li>Enclosure: acoustic suspension <li>Dimensions: 10.6 x 7.1 x 7.9 inches (H x W x D) <li>Weight: 8.4 lbs

Submitted by hdharley a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 16, 2005

Bottom Line:
I was looking for a new theater system and came across Streem... I searched for and never found a bad review so I took the plunge and purchased the HT808 system along with the sub-woofer. I am very glad I did, the sound is amazing.

Powered by the Pioneer VSX1014 THX Receiver, my home theater sounds better than the theater! I paid appx. $866.00 for the speakers 397.00 for the receiver...so, for under $1300.00 I have a system that sound as if I paid $3000.00

www.Stationstreet.ca was great, I was not happy with the cosmetics of one speaker. John from stationstreet.ca sent out another speaker, when it arrived I boxed-up the speaker I was unhappy with and sent it back without cost to me, in fact, the price of these speakers included free shipping & no taxes, you just can't beat-em.

Purchased At:   www.stationstreet.ca

Submitted by Fudge a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 17, 2005

Bottom Line:
WOW...thats how to best sum it up, WOW! Why anyone would pay thousands of dollars for a speaker system is beyond me. The price above is Canadian, and includes shipping, taxes, and everything! I received the speakers the day after I ordered them. Right there was a good start! Excellent packaging, and excellent customer service. But ultimately, it's the sound, right? I could not believe I paid less than a thousand Canadian for this 5 speaker system! Spec for spec (I checked,and cpmpared, believe me!), these speakers are right up there with the big boys in the industry! I guess you pay the extra to have a poplular nameplate on the front of them. Me personally, I'm happy to bear the name STREEM. Sound is phenomenal, especially considering the price. You won't go wrong purchasing this sytem. Paired with my Yamaha RX-V2500, it's definitely a system to be reckoned with! Will know more after the 7 day break in period. Bravo Streem! Thanks for making a kick ass system, that the "not so rich" can be proud of! Sure, some Audiophiles may say, it's not the same, but I would argue vehemently. Plus, it's my system, my ears, my money, and my choice....and my choice is STREEM! No question!

Purchased At:   http://www.stationst

Submitted by Vidmaster a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 4, 2004

Bottom Line:
This HT-808 (plus extra 280's)streem speaker package is by far the best sounding set of speakers I have had the privilege to listen too let alone own. Fist off don't be afraid to order these online they come double boxed with anuff stuffing to fill both my garbage cans. The Speakers are out of the box totally cool looking. You will be happy if you like black and silver or are going for a sharper image look. Second these things are quality made speakers. They are heavy, and sleek with 24k feet spikes which stop your hard wood floors from rattling and produce better bass/low frequencies.

Speaker Sound Quality/Reproduction:

Fronts:

The front speakers are worth the price of the package. Compared to the JBL Northridge's these BLOW THEM AWAY. The Bass is not at all Boomy and The Highs are a delight and have never spiked or caused me to even squint just beautiful sound reproduction. Midrange is also excellent. These kick.

Center:

Perfect blend with the fronts they sound audiophile matched right out of the box. The first thing I noticed is how well they reproduce the human voice, it’s almost scary. Larger than you expect however but it packs a huge punch.

Surrounds:

At first I was worried that these may be overpowered by my Yamaha 110 continuous 150 dynamic 175 max per channel amp. (The speakers are say 20-80 and max of 150) Boy was I wrong I cranked these puppy’s up and my mouth fell. Very clean and full surround not dull like the JBL'S. I heard just plain goodness. (SACD preformed well also w/dark side of the moon)Watch out however there are no speaker mounts on these surrounds so you have to get them elsewhere. I asked- if you put mounts on it will not void or change your warranty.

Entire package:

The speakers all sound great together and sound acoustically matched. (Not sure if they are but they sound like they are) If you have a Powerful enough amp you do not need a sub for this system. I have always liked the sub but am not sure after hearing them if I need one either.

Service/Warranty

I just want to say that station street service is the best I have ever had the privilege to deal with. Kind people who care about their customers. The five year warranty also helped secure that these will last a long, long time. I will update if things change but so far so very very good.

Purchased At:   Station Street/ebay

Submitted by amf68 a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: October 3, 2004

Bottom Line:
We started looking for speakers several months ago. After looking around in stores and doing some research via the Internet we stumbled upon Streem speakers. As we are always unsure about ordering over the Internet we were hesitant at first, but the Streem speakers seemed to be great value for the quality. We decided to purchase them and were impressed with the customer service and the packaging (we picked up the speakers and were treated very well). We decided to purchase the HT-808 and SR-280 package. At first we thought that we might purchase a sub when they become available but now we are re-thinking it as the sound quality is fabulous. Our surround sound is awesome and the speakers look very attractive in our living room. Great value, great service for a great product.

Purchased At:   station street

Submitted by travk13 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 9, 2004

Bottom Line:
great !!!!!!! for the money cant be beat ..jethro tull passion play wow ... mettalica one .. wow .. mains rock... stereo is great....
HT... great blend all around ... surrounds are kinda cheesy .. small bookshelves but they do thier job.. hey d give that $$ just for the mains.. nothing in best buy can touch these .. my living room is 15 x 21 with 10' ceilings .. full of sound .. all of you hesitating like i was go for it they rock ... i own speakers that i couldnt of bought one of for this price .. and these guys hang!!!!!

Purchased At:   stationstreet