Polk Audio RM6200
Description: The new RM6200 Home Theater Speaker System delivers the RM Series' decade-long award-winning performance tradition and ease-of-use at a new low price. This tiny package of 5 small timbre-matched satellites and an 8"" powered subwoofer, is filled with surprisingly BIG home theater thrills, and incredible value.

Submitted by Big Rome aka Dutchmaster a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 2, 2003

Bottom Line:
the 6200 is the polks im talking about these little speakers are awesome. like i said if i was with my my friend when he bought them we would have the same speakers...150watt awesome sound...

Purchased At:   jandr

Submitted by Ryan Capuano a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 4, 2003

Bottom Line:
I bought this system for use in my parents living room (yes, I'm only 16), and since the room isn't that big (and due to the fact that I don't have a very big budget), I chose this system. I used this system with the Panasonic RP62 and Yamaha HTR-5550.

Let me tell you, for a small satellite system, this sounds pretty good. Not nearly as good as a system with separate components, but odds are if you're reading this review, you're most likely interested in an economical system that doesn't take up a lot of room, so let's look at it from that perspective. I've gotten demos of other systems (such as the entire Bose Acoustimass line, as well as many Infinity and Mirage 5.1 systems), and the Polk has them all beat. Polk just sounded the best. Very good mid-range and low-end handling considering the speaker size. The highs tend to get a tad shrill if turned up too high, but what can you expect from a satellite system? The subwoofer, while overly powerful, delivers clear, satisfyingly full bass. The bass never gets distorted, either, which is a very good thing.

With DVD, I used the shootout in Floston Paradise on The Fifth Element Superbit edition in DTS. The sound effects were reproduced very naturally and all-in-all, sounded very "clean." Bullets zinged past my head with very nice accuracy, although some screams from miscellaneous characters sounded shrill, like I said before. But this is very forgiveable because everything else sounds so great, with deep bass and every other sound effect you could think of.

A great system for the price, and most likely the best you'll find until you start going with separate components. If you need a 5.1 system to go in your smaller room, then this system will easily be your best bet.

Submitted by Lee a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 2, 2002

Bottom Line:
These speakers are awesome for surround sound!!! When I play the opening scene in Gladiator for people, their eyes get real big and they are amazed that those "little speakers" can crank like that. I have them hooked to a Yamaha 5250 A/V receiver and couldn't be happier when used in surround sound mode.

The only shortcoming that I see is that they sound kind of "tinny" when playing music CDs. Even with the subwoofer, there doesn't appear to be a lot of base and dynamic range. It could be the receiver setup. I'm not into loud music as much as in my younger years and mainly use this setup for TV viewing. For that, it is hard to believe that you could get anything better.

Submitted by Bryan R a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 12, 2002

Bottom Line:
These speakers are simply amazing!! I have spent many months researching and comparing speakers from Bose AM 6 to JBL’s SCS135 to Infinity’s HTS-10 and nothing compared to Polk’s RM6200. The Bose just could not reproduce enough bass for home theater enjoyment. I like to feel the ground shake during an explosion. The JBL’s just didn’t have enough power and the Infinity’s didn’t sound as clear!

I had originally bought the JBL SCS135’s (because of the price) but when I hooked them up to my Onkyo TX SR600 receiver the receiver would go into protect mode because it was pushing out way too much power for the speakers to handle. But after I took those back and bought the Polk’s I can turn up my receiver as loud as I want. And man, do they sound a lot better! I just watched the Matrix and the part at the end of the movie when the helicopter crashes into the building seriously made my windows shake! I will never go to a theater to watch a movie again!

Purchased At:   Cicuit City

Submitted by John Harness a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 9, 2001

Bottom Line:
I am extremely happy with this setup. I took a long time selecting a home theater surround package. I ended up comparing this system right along side the Bose AM-10 and AM-15 systems. It wasn't even a contest. I was interested in the bose system really because of the size of the bass module (it would of fit great under a table we have). After comparing the systems though, the Polk 6200 was just much better.

I also compared the next step up from Polk, but didn't hear an appreciable difference at the volumnes we watch movies at.

Purchased At:   Circuit City