Klipsch QUINTET
Description: The Quintet satellite speaker sports one 0.75 tweeter and one 3.5 woofer to fill your living room with detailed surround-sound effects. High-frequency audio reproduction is enhanced by Klipschs XT Micro Tractrix horn technology, and bass-reflex enclosures extend low-frequency performance.

Submitted by timmite a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 18, 2005

Bottom Line:
Excellent sounding speakers purchased for a fair price with excellent service

Purchased At:   www.acousticsounddes

Submitted by Gary a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 8, 2004

Bottom Line:
I purchased the 5-speaker system, 4 satellites and center channel. I already have a Sony sub as well has an older Sony center channel (100watt). I have to say these are the best satellites I have listened to, for both home theater and for listening to music. I am somewhat displeased with the center channel, I actually hooked my Sony back up and placed the Klipsh back in the box. The combination of speakers I have now is very pleasing to the ear. The center channel was lacking in both sound and power when compared to the larger Sony (I presume this is to be expected as the actual speakers in the Sony are larger and kick out more vocals then the satellites). With this all said I would still highly recommend this system for value, sound and size.

Purchased At:   Bestbuy

Submitted by a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 28, 2003

Bottom Line:
I was impressed when I happened upon my local retailer and they had these set up in the lobby. "Bose killers" was the term used to describe them.Simply put,for the price, you'll be hard pressed to find a better piece of kit. For surround sound these speakers are nothing short of stunning.Their dynamics are excellent and in your face, with the horn loaded tweeters making them slightly forward sounding.Their sensitivity means they can be driven by modestly powered amps with ease.I used them with a 8" Velodyne sub. In a smaller sized room 10' x 12', this system was excellent, and believe it or not, rattles the walls. Consider a similar Bose system, and you're upwards of $1000, my system totaled out at $675.In stereo, even though their midrange is slightly recessed, and they can sound hard, they are suprisingly adept. It is a home cinema package, after all. I purchased a pair of KEF Q55.2's, for stereo purposes and was expecting a major jump in sound quality. Much to my suprise, the difference wasn't as great as the difference in price.If a discrete system is what you're after, for a modest outlay ( you can always use a non-Klipsch sub), this system should be on your shortlist. After 5 years, I still happen upon that same showroom and other retailers, and am still impressed that the little Quintet has aged so well. That in itself is a great testament to the excellent engineering that went into these speakers.

Purchased At:   Dedicated Stereo Sho

Submitted by shawn a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 27, 2003

Bottom Line:
When I first hooked them up I was impressed. They play loud and clear. Very unaltered or neutrel sound. The sub has its limits but dont be discoreged. When I first played them I pumped the sub heavely with very low bass, and it will bottem out. But after I got that out of my system I realized that the sub is very well suited to the quintets and it does its job very well. But the $320 price tag for the sub is a little high.
After having the system for several months I have played with the positioning of the speakers wich has a profound effect on them. when the satalites are placed 2 1/2" to 3" from the wall behind them (or mounted) they give you a full range of perfect unalterd sound. despite what some reviewers have said. There is no loss in mid range. they are maid to be near the wall directly behind them.

Purchased At:   local retailor