Klipsch Quintet
Description: Home Theater Satelite Speakers

Submitted by chinoloco a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 29, 2003

Bottom Line:
Klipsch is slowly winning my heart. This is the second set of Klipsch speakers I own. I have the Reference line in my Living room and these seem perfect for my bedroom. What can I tell you? Of course Reference blows these little guys out of the water, but for the size, the price, I doubt you will find anything better. I am a recovered former BOSE owner. What a joke versus these speakers. I listen to them in Stereo with Direct Source. If you pair them to a decent AVR like a Pioneer Elite, you will be amazed how good quintets are for music. They can really turn your ears. I listen to DVD audio with these satellites and you can hear "sound stage". I think one of the reasons why people say the quintets are no good for music is because people with this price range will pair them up with mass market AVRs and DVD or CD players that have 92hz DACs. Try putting them on a AVR that has the 192hz/24 bit DACs and a DVD Player that supports 192hz/24 bit DACs. The speakers will only sound as good as the source can provide.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by Roy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 9, 2003

Bottom Line:
OK...for u guys who say that the speakers....are not producing enough base....DUH!!!!They weren't meant for that..They were meant to produce excellent quality sound and they do that.You guys are looking for way to much to come out from a 3" driver. Great Speakers...for HT. Blow my guests away all the time...especially coupled with the KSW 12" sub...and lcd projector.

Submitted by NealF a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: April 16, 2003

Bottom Line:
I posted a previous review of this product when I first purchased the speakers and set up my first HT system. Now that I have learned the features of my HT system and how to get the best sound, I felt that perhaps a follow up review to amend some previous coments may be in order. First I stated previously that these small quintents were not good for Music. This just insnt so. I have found that with my set up if I listen to music in Stereo as opposed to surround and if I run some watts thru them, that these little beauties produce fine sound when listening to music. The stero portion of the amplifier produces far less distortion than the surround, and it seems that by cutting out the center channel and the rear speakers that the music sounds better (at least to my ears). These speakers produce alot of volume and Ive yet to get any distortion and or been able to overdrive them. I paid $90 dollars at Ubid for four of them including shipping and mounted them on the ceiling for a HT set up. The rest of my set up includes a low end sherwood HT receiver, AR subwoofer and Klipsh center channel speaker.

Purchased At:   ubid

Submitted by jcambero a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 6, 2003

Bottom Line:
I bought these quintets as a second setup for a home theater room and I wasn't impressed with them at all. I had a set of Energy Take 5 and they blow the Klipsch out of the water completely. I ran them with a Marantz SR-5000 on DTS watching the "O brother where are thou" DVD and the clarity and power of the Energy were much better than Klipsch. I like the sound of the tweeter but the problem was, I had to get like 5 inches close to the center channel to hear the high frequencies. I'm selling these back and hopefully will buy a set of B&W LM-1.

Submitted by Diablo Grande a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 24, 2003

Bottom Line:
$75 shipped, which is a good price for these. I would highly recommend NOT to use these in a stereo setup, or in a musical setting. They don't have the range to pull it off, even with a sub (which helps). They work great as surrounds or in a modestly priced 5.1 HT setup. Especially if space is a consideration.

Purchased At:   Ebay