JBL SCS150SI
Description: JBL SCS150SI Home Theater Package

Submitted by Jdcerna a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: March 16, 2003

Bottom Line:
I currently own a pair of JBL northridge N38's and I bought this new theater in a box to supplement those. I bought it on the fact that my northridge's were a good value and have served their purpose well, so I thought that these would also be a good value. I was correct.

I am using a Pioneer VSX-D412K reciever
with the speakers right now. I took out 2 of the surround speakers and replaced them with my Northridge N38's. I put the extra 2 surround speakers on a small JVC bookshelf stereo which is connected to my computer. Funny, they also work decent on my PC.

Anyway, I've had this product for 2 days now and I'm very impressed by the value and the excellent sound quality. I can't say anything about the wall mounts since I didn't use them. I used a Bass Mekanik test DVD to find the right volume setting for my sub other than that, setup was simple.

Purchased At:   Camp Foster PX

Submitted by extreme a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 27, 2003

Bottom Line:
Man I bought these speakers because i play games professionally, but I tell you the sound is clear even when at high volumes. The bass is so rounded it makes my tummy feel full. The sats are really heavy and they look great. If anyone can tell me what cables to use with these speakers, please do so I can better these already great speakers. paulgrossett@hotmail.com.

Purchased At:   Jewelry Collection

Submitted by michael hope a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 9, 2003

Bottom Line:
Great Speakers....these speakers are by far the best in this price range or may be better than some of the more expensive ones. I have them hooked up to a Harman HK 125 (this is also a reciever that I think is high quality) You can really get great a very clean sound even at high volume............Like I said you cant go wrong with these speakers

Purchased At:   bestpriceaudiovideio

Submitted by Suade907 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 4, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have to say that these speakers sound outstanding. I have a older aiwa dolby digital dts receiver that I hooked these to for gaming. While I kind of dislike my receiver, the sound these speakers create is absolutly stunning. I bought these mainly for playing video games on my tv in my bedroom and they really work well. I have a sony hometheatre package in my living room and these speakers surpassed the performance of them by a little.

Purchased At:   jandr.com

Submitted by B Wood a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 25, 2002

Bottom Line:
Just helped a friend intall these speakers (birthday gift from wife, on my recommendation after reading countless reviews), along with a Denon AVR1803 receiver. I have a Denon 3802 with all JBL studio series speakers (8 in all including surround back) so I have a good base for comparison. (BTW, if you want to spend $2500 instead of $800, this setup blows away anyone who listens). But on my advice, I told my friends wife to let me pick out the home theater setup. I told her to avoid those home theater in a box at Best Buy, for the same price you can get crystal clear, loud sound from this setup. I was a little hesititant, I had not heard them for myself. But after we set it up, with no burn in whatsoever, we were amazed. Out of the box the speakers are impressively heavy. Most cube satellites weigh one fourth as much (or the sony fart boxes you get with theirs weigh one eighth as much). Install was very easy, and while the install brackets look cheap, they do the job well.(You dont get horizontal adjustment, but what do you expect from add-in brackets). The first movie we watched was Mission Impossible II. The dancing scene, shoes on hollow board, sounded loud and clear, with the speakers pumping out plenty of mid range and the sub thumping with 150 watts of power. For a minute I really wished on my living room theater system I would have passed up the in wall JBL and went with this setup. But when you have a 10 foot screen in a media room, why would you watch tv and movies anywhere else?

Purchased At:   Legacy Audio video (