JBL HT1F THX
Description: Home Theater Speakes

Submitted by Bunky10 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 29, 2002

Bottom Line:
I baught the entire set.front 3 HT1F'S rear 2ht1d and 2HT1S SUBS.I have been listening to all types of music,starting back in the early 60's.I have these speakers hooked up to a Kenwood THX preamp and matched amp,6 chanel,i run the two subs directly off the amps,they are passive.I first heard these at a studio store in Whasington DC.It took me 3 years to save up enough money to buy the complete package.It was worth every second,i listen to a THX movie and it still makes the back of my hair stand up,The man who invented the dipolar rears MR. Lucas also made star wars,that movie is the best display of THX i have heard,I am realy a stereo freak and have been ever since they invented stereo,I was around when they only had mono.If any of you reading this ever get a chance,to listen to the complete set of JBL THX speaker system hooked up to a thx format,you will understand why i felt compelled to write this.

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Purchased At:   from friend

Submitted by Jason Alexander a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 15, 2000

Bottom Line:
I got these on UBID as well and paid more than the others but still got a deal since these babies retailed for over $1200 for the set. I have listened to them with some of my "test" cds but have not really broken them in. As far as I can tell, I got a deal and will enjoy them for years to come. Hopefully I won't feel a need to keep upgrading even though I work in an electronics store.

Purchased At:   ubid

Submitted by Jeff a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: September 23, 1999

Bottom Line:
I got these from uBid for about 170 bux. I was a little suspicious of these at first simply because they were a "THX Certified" speaker that was selling so incredibly cheap. However, when I got them in I was pleasantly surprised. The set comes with 3 identical speakers, front-left, center, and front-right. The first thing I noticed when unpacking was the weight. Don't be fooled by their good looks, these are fairly heavy speakers (20 lbs.+ each). As such they are well constructed, sturdy enclosures. Also noted that they have high quality binding posts for your speaker wires/plugs. After getting these all setup to my Sony STR-DE935 I was amazed at the sound quality. They don't go quite as low as I would have thought, but the midrange is still sufficient. The highs are superb due to the dual 1" Titanium dome tweeters on each speaker. The ambience and sound seperation are truly amazing. These come highly recommended and JBL well deserves my 5-Star rating.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile

Submitted by HDP a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 7, 1999

Bottom Line:
I bought these speakers at UBid for about $250. They are great speakers (although you would have to buy either two sets or get the surround speakers HT1D to get a complete system) for what I've paid for them. I haven't gotten around to adding my sub(s) (JBL recommends two subs!) for this system yet, but so far they sound pretty good. I rented a movie on *sic* VHS and was really amazed at the sound they put out w/o a sub. The highs are really good (they have two Ti tweeters!). Well, now I'm going to have to get the sub(s) and if I can find the surrounds too, then I'll be all set (and yes, also a DVD player). Music on them also sounds nice (though a little on the higher on the MHz due to the Ti tweeters. You won't be dissapointed with these speakers for HT.
P.S. They weigh in at 21 lbs. each. I'm using a Yamaha RX-V793 (also good), their CD player CDC-765 (really good), and a JVC HRS-3500U VHS (nice player).
I'm giving the speakers 4 stars b/c no speakers are 5 stars unless I can't go 24 hours w/o listening to them (these speakers come close to 4.5 stars or spekers)!