Infinity Systems HTS20
Description: <ul> <li>4" polypropylene midrange driver; 1/2" polycarbonate dome tweeter</li> <li>video-shielded</li> <li>handle up to 100 watts</li> <li>sensitivity: 86 dB</li> <li>frequency response: 70-20,000 Hz (-6dB)</li> <li>wall brackets built-in</li> <li>8-1/2"H x 4-9/16"W x 5-7/8"D</li> </ul>

Submitted by Dave a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 26, 2007

Bottom Line:
When I first purchased this theater system, they were hooked up to a Sony STR-DE685 - (100wattsX5@.09% THD). After going into the attic and installing the sats and placing the center and sub (plus adjusting the sub), I found that it performed okay. It was loud enough, using the Sony, it just didn't sound great. Aprox. 1 week ago, I purchased a Harmon Kardon AVR 340 theater unit (55wattsx7 for theater, 70/channel stereo) and installed it. Even though the output is less, this setup sounds much better in that it uses a mic to maximize the speakers for the room. The only real probem I am having with the speakers has to do with the sub - seems that it needs adjustment depending on the movie.

Purchased At:   e-bay

Submitted by irfan a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 27, 2005

Bottom Line:
Ive Had this system in place for over a year now, I purchased it on eBay for a decent proce. Overall this has worked very well in my hometheater, but the subwoofer is too boomy. Its still bearable but every now and then I have to reduce the sub levels. The center channel could be a little clearer as its sometimes difficult to understand dialog with the volume turned down. Overall tho, I think this is a great setup for an apartment or first time buyer. I will try to set my reciever settings to label the front LR's as "large" so they get more bass, hoping this reduces some boominess. they are cited as going as low as 70Hz, and the 'large' feature on my amp is to be used for Sats that go lower than 100, so i'll try it out.

Purchased At:   eBay

Submitted by rd51 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 22, 2004

Bottom Line:
I found the 4 sats and sub (center missing) at CC on a table on an open box deal. I liked the weight of the sats (heavy magnet) and couldnt resist the price. $250. for 4 sats and a 12" sub had to sound at least ok, Right? Fortunately I wanted them for my office and wasnt concerned with mega performance. I pulled out an old sony stereo reciever and an onkyo 6 cd changer I had laying around not using for this setup. Granted the eguipment was ancient and I had to use the high level in/outs on the sub so my review cant be the final verdict if you find one of these. I did test it at home on my marantz reciver with the lfe out and the result was MUD. To cut this short I have it all hooked up in my conference room which is 37x12 and I can say it sounds OK. The sats are capable but the sub while it does fill in reasonably is extremely muddy. A decent deal for what I paid ($250.) If you Buy it for any more give me a call cause I am blowing out swampland cheap.

Purchased At:   circuit city open bo