Klipsch Custom-3 Professional Headphones
Description: Listen like a rock star with Custom-3 professional-quality earphones. Whether it’s the spine-tingling riffs of an electric guitar or the incredible boom of a kick drum, you’ll get the “live on stage” euphoria only Klipsch can provide.

Submitted by Planetary a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 26, 2010

Bottom Line:
I saw these on Amazon for about two thirds msrp as Klipsch was starting to phase them out and knew I had to buy them. These things are awesome! Klipsch did a nice job on them considering they are new to the headphone market. The sound is right in your head, like those Apple commercials where the band is inside someones head. They are a bit bass heavy if your source has minimal bass rolloff. They have clear, detailed, and rich sound and makes me want to get into the music! I can get chills with the
Custom-3s by listening to Hendrix or Pink Floyd and more, something my Sennheiser eH2270 cant do, granted they are less expensive. I enjoy them the most when they are plugged into my Auzuntech Xplosion Cinima sound card. I would love to get a good tube amp for these someday. They are very sensitive almost too sensitive, I can hear the noise of some of my equipment such as my old iRiver H320 with Rockbox and I can hear the workings of my laptop if no music is playing. A good thing about that is more driving headroom. After getting used to the in ear style I think they fit quite good and I like the noise isolation. The only real negative is the cable, it is stiff and can tangle, but it has been fine for me so far. Just be gentle with them and it will be fine. Enjoy!