Aiwa HP-V163 In-Ear Type

Submitted by Alvaro Muñoz a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 30, 2001

Bottom Line:
The silicon air-filled earcaps really work. The bass is fantastic. At first, I feel dissapointed of the sound, but then I put the drivers almost inside my canals (I don't recommend this earbuds for people with small ears)and things start to change. The treble is nice also, but not so crisp. Sure is one of the best earphones for 10 bucks. I haven't tried Sony's MDR-EX70 but seems to work in similar way.

Conected to my Sony MZ-R91 MD, I rediscovered my music. I wish they have a straight plug and short cable to use them with the remote.

Purchased At:   Almacenes Paris

Submitted by Fixup a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 5, 2000

Bottom Line:
Best value of earbuds ever. There is no apparent difference between it and other decent earbuds, except it is smoother and sweeter but less treble. Very pleasant sounding. The air cushion provides a very good seal without puting things into my ear canals. I can listen to them at very low volume in a noisy car with decent bass and treble. With ER4S, the world's best sealed headphones, I get no bass at all in a moving car. If you want a pair of decent earbuds with good sealness but don't want the hassles of canal phones such as ER4S, EX70LP and the Koss Plug,get this Aiwa 163 (165 has a in-line volume control and 161 has no case). I wonder if the 161 sounds the same.

Purchased At:   Fry's Electronics

Submitted by Jordan a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: July 27, 2000

Bottom Line:
I used these headphones about a week and got so fed up I returned them back to the store. I couldn't get them to fit into my ear and the sound quality sucked if you just let them hang from your ear. There was almost no bass response unless you held them in place. If I held them in place they sounded good, but who's going to walk around holding these things in your ears?