Sennheiser RS60 Over-Ear Headphones

Sennheiser Wireless RF Headphones - RS60/ Open-Aire, Circumaural, Hi-Fi Stereo/ Frequency Response: 20-20, 000 Hz/ SRS Surround Sound Processor/ Transmitter Stores-Recharges The Headphones/ 2nd Rechargeable Battery Included/ Black Finish

Submitted by pete a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 24, 2003

Bottom Line:
Yes there´s some static from time to time,
but these phones are better than some cheap Philips or sony wireless´. The enviroment of listening effects quite alot
to the amount of static.(I have listening
experience from 3 different places)

Purchased At:   finland

Submitted by bachlogic a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 2, 2002

Bottom Line:
After doing what I thought was decent research, and with much trepadation about wireless headphones, I purchased them. They seemingly offer way too much static for my likes. Guess this is just to be expected from a wireless device.

Purchased At:   internet

Submitted by Hakim Beefeater a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 16, 2002

Bottom Line:
Except for periodic static a very good quality headphone. I can often get 300 feet outside if transmiter is near window. Overall very good.

Purchased At:   Amazon

Submitted by KT Hackshaw a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 6, 2001

Bottom Line:
In short, this is the first pair of wireless phones, and they seem to be fairly decent. The reason I bought them was so that I could play videogames (Ps2 & Xbox ) and watch movies at night without waking the wife(my apartment is pretty small). They were a lot lighter and smaller than I expected. As for the sound quality...Well, let's face it , you'll get way better quality with a pair of corded phones, but the conveinence of walking around while listening to tv/radio is nice. As for the twit who wrote in about the hiss-I used these with dvd's and digital cable and radio and the biggest reason for hiss was the quality of the broadcast, i.e. with dvd's I had great sound, with the radio and certain channels on cable, there was a faint, but persistent hiss that I had to really listen for and really wasn't a problem. I guess my only gripe is that I paid $99 for them, even though they're usually 140 plus, and I was expecting to be blown away. Solid product however, I would recommend them at 99, nothing more.

Purchased At:   able headphones (stereoheadphones.net)

Submitted by chris a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 30, 2001

Bottom Line:
this product was serious dissapointment. sounded good at first. then i walked away from desk where transmitter is and got just a ton of static. 300 feet my ass. try LITTERALY about 3 feet. plus there is a really annoying buzz that seems to hit the phones and travel from left ear to right ear about every 1-2 minutes. the dsp seems to really screw up the sound by trying to maintain a volume level of some sort. what ends up happening is when u try to listen to somthing loud, the phones just turn it down to a really low level. i want to throw these on ground and step on them. im pissed. stay away, save ur money, dont bother. aaahhhh there it is again!!!!! god damn i hate this buzz sound!!!!!!!!!! screw sennheiser.

Purchased At:   online