Beyer Dynamic DT 250 On-Ear Headphones

4.44/5 (9 Reviews) MSRP : $169.00

The Beyerdynamic DT 250-250 provide good isolation and a fine sound that is ideal for DJ or studio use. Overall, they deliver a pleasant musical representation that places emphasis on mids and bass. They are durable and non-fatiguing, with a fit that is a little tight, but comfortable. The DT 250-250 have soft, velvet ear cups that fit snugly around the ears, and a padded headband, resulting in a very high level of comfort. They are made with a sturdy and durable, yet flexible, plastic. They provide 12db of isolation from the surrounding environment while maintaining their accurate musical presentation. The coiled cord connects conveniently to one earpiece, eliminating any double cord tangling. They come terminated to a mini and include a 1/4 inch adapter.

Submitted by vk a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 8, 2012

Bottom Line:
Summary:
I tried Sennheizers, Sony, AKG .
Nothing can be compared to the DT250.
Even at 80ohm they are easy to drive. Their monitor character will show flaws of a poor recording but will blow you away with their performance with good productions. They show the character of every headphone amp i tried them on. At this price there is no competitor.

Strengths:
true bass notes, true low mids & high mids with a slight roll-off in high frequencies - but you will benefit for many hours of relaxed listening because of this. They react very well with different EQ settings.
Top quality construction. I love the velvet feeling of the ear-pads. They love jazz, rock & electro.
Isolation is very good.

Weaknesses:
They are a little tight in the beginning. Need about 100 hours of burn in time. The cable could be a little longer but this is minor.

Similar Products Used:
Sennheiser HD range, Sony (lots of them), AKG 240.
I love the dt250 , they show you how real music is. The rest of my headphones ? well they rest in the drawer.

Submitted by sergej a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 19, 2006

Bottom Line:
I tried a lot of earphones.
my goal was to find sealed cans that would suit me as monitors in case that i wouldn't have the possibilty to monitor mixes and master-mixes on my habitual gear (wich includes Yamaha NS-10). I wanted the headphones to be of the non-HiFi-kind. So I wanted earphones that make crap music sound really crap and good mudic sound decent. I knew, before I would be able to do this, I would have to wear them quite a long time and listen to a lot of music.
Now I have found out that those Beyers can respond to those requirements.
The velvet cushions make them really comfortable to wear. Even after more than 6 hours, you still feel all right with those phones. They are very robust and the design is somehow timeless. Reminds me of the good part of the eighties (technically speaking). The sound will not in any case be especially overwhelming concerning highs and bass kick. But please notice that after wearing those phones and switching to yamaha NS-10 or other neutral speakers, you don't think anything is missing. the low mids come through very accurately. It's fun listening to electric guitars. Sennheiser HD 25 have more punch in the deep bass area, but their high tones sound artificial and quite unreal compared to the beyer dt 250. Those earphones have been around in the phones business for quite a long time, and still they are my favourite Beyers. The curly cable seemed a bit annoying to me at first sight. After some months of operation I changed my mind about this: it's perfect - even if you step on the cable you won't do damage to your earphones. I hope Beyerdynamic will go on building these series, for they have become a standard - not only for me.

Purchased At:   thomann musicstore

Submitted by Linden1st a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 14, 2006

Bottom Line:
My first experience of DT250 was when our drummer visited and he had these with him. He got them for free, lucky SOB. Anyway, i tried them and fell i love immediately because of the way the feel and the good sound quality. They were little expencive for my budget but i bought them anyway and never regret. I am a half professional sound engineer and i use them alot listening to the over all sound of the mixings. These are really good to hear if there is too much low frequency, like my old recordins had. They can also tolerate a lot of volume, more than my ears can, hehe.
You have to try them also watching movie trailers, you know the BOOM BOOM effects that they use in them, cause i can tell you that it's almost like sitting in the movie theater, the bottoms are so rich.

Purchased At:   Musikhaus Thomann Cy

Submitted by joe a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 9, 2002

Bottom Line:
great sound, specially for work and airplane... the places i personally use them most.

hate to spoil the reviews, but just 2 quibles:

- the muffle style is just a centimeter too small in diameter to fit my monster ears, but not that bad...

- the real thing that gets to me is the length of the nub on the cord where it attaches to the headphones on the left side. it unessesarily sticks out a good 2+ inches from the bottom of the headphone. so basiclly its really hard to move your head around, keeps bumping in to my sholder. i need to modify this cord or something. anybody know someone who sells replacement cord that differ from the default?

cheers

Purchased At:   Headphone.com

Submitted by Eric W. a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 2, 2002

Bottom Line:
I got these phones from headroom, they have very good reviews of tons of headphones from several top brands. I never owned the 'muff' type of headphones before, and must say that these really out-do anything ive ever heard before. Not only do they block out a ton (16db) of external noise, they also are incredibly quiet for people around you when you have them on. The cord is a nice length, perfect for both portable cd players and audio equipment..its coiled like a telephone handset cord. Also, very important to me was that they be able to be loud off of a portable cd player. A lot of pro level 'muff' headphones can't run off a portable cd player cause they need a lot of power, but the dt-250-80 that I got from headroom runs louder than my sony earbuds at the same volume level on my RioVolt, go figure....anyway, these headphones are awesome...you can't go wrong!

Purchased At:   www.headphone.com (aka headroom)

Award-Winning Axiom: