Audio-Technica ATH-M3X On-Ear Headphones

The ATH-M3X is a supra-aural, closed back dynamic headphone that features high performance drivers and low-mass diaphragms. A high sensitivity and low impedance rating means the headphone will respond well to a given amount of signal.
  • High-performance drivers
  • Low-mass diaphragms
  • Excellent isolation and powerful bass
  • Impedance: 32 ohms
  • Element: Dynamic
  • 100 mW Maximum Input Power
  • Driver Diameter: 40 mm

Submitted by thriftstore hunter a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 13, 2005

Bottom Line:
When I first tried these on, I was immediately immersed in the rich sound these headphones have to offer. The ATH-M3X have surprisingly good seperation between the low-range frequencies and the other frequencies. This makes for better bass that does not interefere with the music.This unit also does not distort any sounds, and you get crystal clear audio. For testing purposes, I maxed out the volume on my Panasonic sl-sv570 cd/mp3 player, and listened to see if I could hear any static. No static at all, this thing is clean. For the list price ( 49.99), these are a steal. I got these used, for 4 dollars, and am very happy I did. These are designed specifically for digital audio, hence why I tried it on my MP3 players and computer. If you use your computer alot, and have cheap speakers, upgrade to these instead. Also, if you are serious about the quality of sound from your iPod , MP3, or cd player, get these. They're not very bulky for studio moniter headphones, and they do the job well.

Purchased At:   Goodwill ( Thriftsto