Bose Acoustic Noise Cancelling® headset Noise Canceling Headphones

Noise cancelling headphones

Submitted by BRIAN0882 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 17, 2010

Bottom Line:
GOT IT FREE BRAND NEW!!!! Cant beat that, regardless of the amount of noise it actually reduces!!!!!

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by hifi-kampy a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 10, 2009

Bottom Line:
the good:
The headphones are excellent when travelling in airplanes or being in noisy environment. You can have a good sleep or watch a movie without the need to cranc up the volume to a level of atomic bomb explosions.

the bad:
Unfortunately I am effected by the residual high frequency noise of the noise cancellation circuit. It is above usual hearing threshold, but I notice it quite clearly. (I recon it is the remaining switching noise of a simple class-D amplifier. ... that is sad for that price!) After 10 min having the headphones on, my ears feel "numb". The only way around a numb feeling it is to wear light earplugs underneath the headphones which damp the higher frequencies. (This all dampens the excitement about this new headphones a bit too.)

short summary:
A good buy if you just use them for airplane travel.
A bad buy if you want just a good set of headphones. Neither sound quality, nor the hiss are exiting. After the purchase of the Bose, I am sure that I will get my old pair of Senheiser repaired.

Submitted by davidmaxon a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 11, 2008

Bottom Line:
The Bose noise canceling headphones are great on their own. The noise reduction feature is great while traveling (Aside from the "White Noise") . The headphones are VERY comfortable and fit very well. When compared to others they are less great. The big downfall of these headphones is the price. For $100 these would be great but there are a few reasons I consider the $300 price tag a rip-off. For one the audio quality is not audiophile quality as you would expect from a $300 pair of headphones. The bass is good (for headphones) but the highs are terrible. I am a fan of many types of music but cannot stand to listed to Beethoven or many other classical artists on these due to poor sound quality. Piano and violin just sound dull. The second big downfall is the build quality. After using these headphones for about 3 months one of the plastic sides broke (From stretching headphones over your head, never happened with any other pair before). Then a month later the other side broke. They are still usable and adjustable but I must keep tape, yes tape, on them to keep the earpieces from falling off the base. Overall, your money would be better spent elsewhere in my opinion.

Purchased At:   Bose Store

Submitted by Carol a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: April 10, 2007

Bottom Line:
I bought 2 sets of the QC2 for my husband and me. The purpose was for a long trip from the east coast of the US to Australia including a 13 hour flight over the Pacific. The noise reduction was phenomenal and the audio quality when plugged into the airplane system was excellent. The headphones were very comfortable for the entire flight. None of the negative comments I had read happened to either of us. One battery lasted for the entire trip out (approximately 26 flying hours) and back (approximately 21 flying hours). We look forward to using them on every flight we take in the future.

Purchased At:   online from Bose

Submitted by Bela Szabados a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: July 17, 2006

Bottom Line:
I was hoping for total silence and found that in Noise cancelling mode it cuts noise by about 50%. That is not what I was hoping for. I have no opinion on the sound quality given that I bought it for only the reason of cutting off outside noise. I dfo not recommend it and I might send this one back before the 30 day quaranty expires...

Purchased At:   Ebay