Sennheiser HD 495 Silver Headphones

4.34/5 (56 Reviews) MSRP : $149.00

Frequency response: 17 - 23,000 Hz Nominal impedance 32 ohms Characteristic SPL 106 dB THD < 0.2 % Weight approx. 140 g

Submitted by Ryan Clark a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 3, 2010

Bottom Line:
Terrific!

Submitted by armband a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: October 30, 2003

Bottom Line:
I've bought this headphone set because I'm moving from my house to a old cheap city appartmant. So I thought, I'M m gonna buy a good headphone set to keep the noise down. I must say, I've got better expectations. I'm not desapointed, but... You a good receiver(amplifier) to use this it. The bass is strong and the treble is sharp. They are very confortable.

Purchased At:   Audio d'Occasion

Submitted by sbolotin a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 15, 2003

Bottom Line:
A couple years ago, I had gotten sick of the crumby sound of my stock headphones that came with my CD Player. I also wanted headphones so that I could listen to my music loader without disturbing my parents. After exstensive research for headphones in the $100 dollar range, I found the Sennheiser HD-495s and I have fallen in love. They are perhaps the best-sounding headphone I have ever tried. The price is better than decent for its range. The bass is incredible. Being an avid music listener, I demand good sound. These headphones deliver it! I'd recommend these headphones to anyone who cares deeply about the sound of their music but does not have too much cash to fork out. The only drawbacks that I have found to the HD-495s is the amount of power they require and that they are very load to those in one's proximity. Still, they're worth every penny.

Purchased At:   headphones.com

Submitted by tim a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 7, 2003

Bottom Line:
these headphones were a great, deal 60 bucks!! they work great with my system in my room, but lack power when uses with my slimX mp3 player. Part of the problem could be the MP3 player.

Purchased At:   www.buy.com

Submitted by Alan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 26, 2002

Bottom Line:
Sennheiser's are definately the only brand of audio equipment on my list. I have tried Aiwa (good), Sony, JVC, RCA, and many other brands -- none of which have met my standards of quality. I expect comfort, clear sound and good bass coming from my headphones. This product is well worth the cost of $150, and I can expect it to last for *many* years to come. Sennheisers are German engineered, what more can I say?

Sennheiser: