Sennheiser HD 477 Headphones

4.5/5 (2 Reviews) MSRP : $43.00

• on-the-ear design with padded, open earcups
  • adjustable padded headband
  • frequency response: 37-21,000 Hz
  • mini stereo headphone jack with full-size jack adapter
  • dual-sided detachable cord made from oxygen-free copper
  • (replacement cable available from the manufacturer)
  • impedance: 32 ohms
  • weight: 11.2 oz.

Submitted by poppachubby a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 31, 2009

Bottom Line:
These are pretty hard to find nowadays, and for good reason. No one wants to let them go. Great all around phone if you're looking for something that can do it all with quite good results. Excellent for home, computer and portable. Low ohmage makes them easy to drive and quite loud. When at medium to high volumes I find the mids get a little sloppy, but who listens to music cranked all the time anyhow? Great bass response for you bass freaks and enough seperation to keep an audiophile happy (in terms of performance/value of course). Not too bulky to transport, super comfortable to wear and a sturdy build design. All told, if you are considering a purchase, I would say you're safe to go ahead.

Strengths: Performance/Value ratio, Strudy Build, Multi-source usage

Weaknesses: At this price we can't be too picky, but at higher volumes, the mids get sloppy and the tone drops out a bit

Submitted by AlpineRacer a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 12, 2006

Bottom Line:
Amazing! I think there a great set of headphones for the money. The bass reproduction is the best I've herd from headphones at this price point. I found the sound to be very clear and chrsip. I have herd comments about them lacking kick. Not true at all. I found the sound to be acurate in the sense that they dont apply the same sound to everything. For Example when listening to Yanni I experience the quickness of complete highs and mids. Then when I listening to KISS I can hear the full long and drawn out lows of bass guitar and the snap and punch of the drums.

Purchased At:   Future Shop