Sennheiser HD 26 Headphones

2.33/5 (3 Reviews)

Submitted by Oleg a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 14, 2002

Bottom Line:
Sound absolutely awful.
I was hoping to upgrade from 'in-ear' stock phones which came with my Panasonic player, but in comparison these Sens sound way too worse.
Distorted and obscure midrange, muffled highs and poor sensitivity - that's what I got.
Yeah, they can be non-fatiguing because they produce some muffled background music.
The only thing they do better than my stock h/phones is bass.
Don't buy them!

Purchased At:   Myer

Submitted by Darwin a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 1, 2000

Bottom Line:
For those who find the Senn HD433s fatiguing, get some of these cans. You could listen for hours. I am a large (over 200 lbs, 6'3") older male, so my high frequency hearing is not that of a younger 150 pound person or a female. I like the pronounced high end of the 433s myself, but if that doesn't suit you try these for a few bucks.

Purchased At:   Ubid

Submitted by Darwin a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 1, 2000

Bottom Line:
For $11 (including shipping) what do you want? I auditioned them with some acoustic music, Suzanne Vega and Gordon Lightfoot, and some classical CDs. Very noticeably missing bottom and top end of audio frequency spectrum, but balanced and fairly natural sound in the range it does cover. Not high fidelity, but not overly colored sound. Very much better than my cubicle headphones the Sony MDR-W11s. The Sonys were much more efficient and louder, but very colored and distorted by comparison and they were about $20. I am getting the Senn HD433s next week from Ubid for $22 with shipping and they will be my office cans with these as backups. The Sony headphones are junk.

Purchased At:   Ubid

1st sound Sennheiser HD 650: 2010-02-26

I just got my [URL="http://www.sennheiserusa.com/private_headphones_audiophile-headphones_009969"][COLOR=#22229c]Sennheiser HD 650[/COLOR][/URL]. They sound great! [IMG]http://www.head-fi.org/forums/images/smilies/gs1000.gif[/IMG] This is my first decent set of headphones since I got my Realistic ... Read More »

Sennheiser: