Sennheiser HD 25 Headphones

• Store Promotions Shipping Price

Headphones

Submitted by eladberko a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 1, 2006

Bottom Line:
Heaven!
The best sealed cans I've heard yet. For me, good isolation was needed. My rig is one of the loudest out there, I'm obsessed overclocker.

Great thing about HD-25 is probable the isolation abilities.
The sound isolation is excellent; it's not totally 100% bulletproof, But while playing it’s a blast. Very comfortable wearing; note in mind, those cans comfort only compared for sealed cans. There is some pressure on the ears while using (they fastened on the ears), and long playing period may strain the ears. In my experience, having a break every 2 hour's preventing it.

Build for last, as expecting from Sennheiser. The cans weight is ridiculously light, but make no mistakes – they rough like no others. Replacement parts available for all worn out parts. Not a cheap toy.

The Sound is balanced and precise. If details are what you looking for, that’s the cans for you. Don’t bother playing crappy mp3's on it - all defects revealed. Good base proportion. Treble & midrange dominated in the overall sound quality, makes it natural as possible. Very loud and easily drive almost any kind of portable player; I used it on my ipod.

* I've burn-in mine for 100 hours before start using them.

Submitted by t3knodizco a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 13, 2003

Bottom Line:
I know about these headphones since 1997 and since then i'm dreamin' about them!:)Beginning with year 2000 i began to walk along the country as a DJ and I used Sennheiser HD 200, but after a while I needed something better!Everyone was speaking about Sony,but my mind and heart still remained at HD 25.
Yes,and I wasn't dissapointed!
It sounds as I expected to sound!

Purchased At:   Germany

Submitted by kevin a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 13, 2003

Bottom Line:
I did extensive research when shopping for a pair of good cans to use in the studio and on the road. The HD 25 and HD 250II kept coming up good in reviews, and they were right on! It was a gamble spending the extra money without hearing them first, but i was not dissapointed. I use them for recording, mixing and live performances without problems. They are comfortable to wear (after you get use to them)for extended periods. I use them 7+ hours everyday for my normal listening too now.

Purchased At:   online

Submitted by multi player a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 8, 2002

Bottom Line:
Sennheiser HD 25 SP 1

This review is rather addressed to PC users.

To be honnest that's my first "high-quality-performance" set of headphones.Before i bought them, i tried the Sennheiser EH 2270 and i was dissapointed -not that it was bad- but i expected more from such expensive headphones. I thought the 25 sp would be the same quality as they were the same price and i felt rather embarrassed and dissapointed as i had already ordered them...But how wrong i was! the 25 sp's are totally different, when i got home with them i just couldn't take them off my ears!I MOSTLY USE THEM WITH MY PC.i have 4.1 surround speakers (on SBLive) but i prefer listening to my Sennheiser! I am re-discovering my audio CDs and my mp3!!It's amazing to discover so many details in music (this may be a drawback though;). Very powerful bass, detailed sound, clear, no distortion at all, even to "stern" tracks/sounds.

When discussion comes to pc-games the question is: who needs 4.1 or 5.1 surround speakers?;) Crystal clear, detailed sound, giving precise feeling of 3-D enviroment.First Person Shooter gamers (quake,unreal,half-life,thief etc) will find sound-paradise in these headphones!

Very light weight, small enough (having in mind they are closed-type),very comfortable, soft, not much pressure on ears, but may feel a little uncomfortable after hours of listening,something unavoidable for supraaural-type headphones. In all these add the excellent isolation and there you have probably the best set of mid-low priced headphones!

Purchased At:   local retailer

Submitted by Madrok a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 18, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought the Senn HD 25SP after using Grado SR 80s on an airplane. The Grados are open, so airplane noise is a big problem.
The HD 25SP is closed, so lots of isolation from external noise. Sound is excellent, not as transparent as HD580s, not as well balanced as Grados but very pleasant overall. Bass is very pronounced, and this is a problem with some very bass-heavy music. Also goes high in volume without distortion.
Comfort is good, better than Grado, not as good as HD 580.
Strongly recommended for people who listen on airplanes or who like strong bass, not for classical listeners.

Purchased At:   Headroom