Sennheiser HD-212 Headphones

4.63/5 (8 Reviews) MSRP : $40.00

• Closed,dynamic, semi-cirmuaural stereo headphones
  • Earcups can be removed from the headband
  • Specially designed damping material ensures powerful
  • bass response
  • Lightweight turbine diaphragms for low bass
  • High levels and crisp bass for modern rhythm-driven music
  • Extremely comfortable to wear due to ultra-lightweight
  • design, even for extended listening
  • Replaceable leatherette ear cushions
  • Manufacturer's 2-year guarantee
  • Special lightweight diaphragms for precise trebles
  • Well defined mid-range and spatial sound reproduction

Submitted by Moshel a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 30, 2007

Bottom Line:
overall the headphones are good, i was able to hear many low pitch notes which i had never heard before.....these 'phones are too bassy for my liking but i guess after some burn in-time, it should go down.

Purchased At:   Ahmedabad

Submitted by Moshel a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 30, 2007

Purchased At:   Ahmedabad

Submitted by jbanczak a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 31, 2005

Bottom Line:
I have a pair of the 212's and I recently bought a pair of the 280's. I use them almost exclusively for listening to either ipod or dvd's on a plane. The reason I bought the 280's in the first place was that the cord on the 212's broke, the replacement (yes - they sell one) was out of stock for two months, and I figured if I liked the 212's I'd love the 280's. I bought the 212's after listening to a bunch of different phones. They are for DJ's, not sure what that means... but they work incredibly well with portables.

Truth is they are both excellent, great natural noise reduction (closed cell), very good range, response, low distortion. Better than any Sony or Bose set that I heard.

Even up, I prefer the 212's. MUCH better bass, almost too much - which is a nice luxury to have on an ipod. Part of it has to do with the way the phones fit. The 212's are tighter on the ear, sometimes a little uncomfortable after a couple hours, but putting it that close keeps the sound tighter. The 280's have a bigger, more comfortable earpiece, but it sits farther away and takes more to drive. They are also heavier and don't seem to want to stay on my head as well.

The 212's are lighter and about half the price. Either one makes a great set, and I suspect that the 280's are better with a home stereo that has more bass and more power than a portable.

I can't imagine a better set of phones for portables than the 212's.

Purchased At:   Guitar Center

Submitted by spf a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 19, 2005

Bottom Line:
After searching for a decent pair of headphones here in Canada ($$$$$$$$$!!), I decided that my best option was to order some Senn's online. The HD-212s seemed to fit into the niche of what I listened to so I gave them a shot.

After saving an exorbant amount of money getting these from the US, I plugged them in first to my workplace PC. I was impressed right there. The music (MP3s mainly) was clearer and felt like it had more impact and slam. Right there, I felt my purchase was justified. Then I took them home.....

Plugging these cans into a full fledged headphone output yielding some of the best sealed headphone sounds I had ever heard. Every aspect of the music was better than the PC's performance for obvious reasons of course...CDs vs. Mp3, better output, etc)

Regardless, I would be surprised if any headphone under $100 US could give these HD212-Pros a performance/compromise value.

Purchased At:   wholesalesbyus

Submitted by systemerror909 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 23, 2005

Bottom Line:
Great way to start getting into hifi. I had owned a MD player for about half a year, before finally giving up on the crappy headphones that came with it. I had a gift certificate at circuit city, and ended up over paying for these headphones, but whatever, they were still worth it. Before getting these headphones, I had no conception of what Hifi was, I couldn't even notice differences between music from cd's or lp's, and crappy 128kbs .mp3's. These headphones produce music in a way that sounds great, and is easy on your ears. These perhaps are not the most natural headphones, specially designed for dj's, they do have a bias that favors the bass, but regardless the sound is wonderful. I'm now finding myself spending lots of money on hifi equiptment, because these headphones opened my ears. Never again will I buy crappy audio equiptment.

Note: I was initially very disappointed with these headphones. Out of the box they sounded very unimpressive. After a 24hr break in time, they had achieved their full potential, and are still sounding great. Just keep in mind, like speakers, good headphones need at least 20hrs burn in time to sound good.

Purchased At:   circuit city