Jensen JM15 Headphones

Behind the neck design for Added comfort and style. Digital Quality, Neodymium drivers provide excellent sound, Single Entry Cord Eliminates the tangled feeling of dual entry cords..

Submitted by Zack a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 31, 2002

Bottom Line:
I love these headphones (JM15). I use it all the time on my computer and on my mp3 player. I like them a lot mainly becuase they go behind my neck and they can stay on my ears as i move around. I think they sound pretty good, no much of a rumble for a bass but still really cool. I can easily hear these headphones over the crowd when i am on the bus too which is pretty nice becuase rap is playing most of the time. I think these headphones are great and I only payed 16 bucks for em compared to $30 for some lesser sony headphones.

Purchased At:   Bestbuy

Submitted by Jason a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 10, 2002

Bottom Line:
The Jensen JM-15s are my favorite behind-the-ear headphones. They feature sound that is both strong and powerful, and yet they do a great job at keeping the sound to the listener- you can have them up at full blast and the people next to you won't be too bothered by the sound. Furthermore, out of the other behind-the-ear headphones that I've tried (Koss and Sony are other brands I've experimented with), these are the ones that are the most comfortable- snug without putting any pressure on your head.

The only problems I've encountered is that the cord is quite long, and the earpads wear out relatively easily. Other than that, they really are great.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by Kyle Farlow a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 26, 2002

Bottom Line:
This unit is of the behind-the-neck sort. Personally, I had never used this style before, but I thought I'd give them a shot because the circumaural headphones I used at the office were just getting too uncomfortable after listening for more than an hour.

I am very impressed with the comfort of these little Jensen phones. They are extremely light, and the only thing touching you seems to be the pads against your ears. But they're at such a pleasing angle that even after an hour of listening they don't feel uncomfortable.

The single cord is nice (my last pair had one for each ear, and it would constantly get twisted and in the way of my hands) and fairly long. It is not a particularly sturdy cord, however, and I'm afraid of it breaking eventually. But I suppose that's where the lifetime warranty might help!

These little suckers put out an amazingly clear, accurate sound for the price! The bass is tight (not boomy) and the highs are extremely crisp. I have not found a pair of $15 headphones that sound better. These rival my old set of Koss PortaPro headphones in sound quality, although it's been a number of years since I last used them (a bad connection forced me to retire them).

This is a great upgrade for those headphones that came with your portable CD player or MP3 player. For instance, the headphones included with my TDK Mojo weren't bad, but these just have better headroom and slightly better bass response. They also seem to fit better: I can shake my head around, and they do not slip, unlike the TDK's.

You won't be disappointed for your $15.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by Kyle Farlow a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 26, 2002

Bottom Line:

You won't be disappointed for your $15.

Purchased At:   Best Buy