Bose TriPort Headphones

• sealed earcup design
  • adjustable headband
  • replaceable ear cushions
  • carry pouch
  • gold-plated mini plug with full-size adapter
  • 6.25-foot straight cord with 5-foot extension cable
  • impedance: 32 ohms
  • weight: 5 oz.

Submitted by ryn a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 17, 2009

Bottom Line:
Like many people i thought Bose was a quality brand, with good sound. I bought these, as they were comfortable, and i used them for home use only. The sound is okay, and they are comfortable, even listening to music for 2 to 3 hours.

These are okayheadphones if you expect them to last about a year, because that's all they'll last before they start falling apart. Sound is okay, but material and build is poor. The foam surrounds started to flake off after a year, and one day they fell off my couch onto my carpeted floor (about a 3 foot fall), and the little plastic side piece which holds the ear cup on the head band cracked and the headphones fell apart. Flimsy, flimsy, flimsy. Just look at them. Don't they look flimsy to you? Well they are. That little round piece on the side that says Bose on it, is a little thin plastic cap with 4 plastic pins as thin as toothpicks holding the cup on the headband. Be warned.

Okay, so now time to look for a new set of headphones. I did my research online and ended up buying a pair of Audio Techinca ATH-M50s headphones. AWESOME I got them from Amazon for less than the Bose headphones. Not only do they feel much more solid, but the sound is much better the Bose Triports. Lows are much more powerful, but the highs are very crisp. My recommendation, forget about Bose and go with the Audio Techinca ATH-M50s. You won't be sorry.

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by Frogslips a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 17, 2008

Bottom Line:
Got two pairs, both broke at the head band and cup, used fiberglass tape on one pair and gorilla glue on the second pair.
Not worth the 268 i paid the gas or time it took to get them..

Purchased At:   navy exchange

Submitted by namho a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 21, 2007

Bottom Line:
I bought this headphone for music listening through my computer.
I enjoyed it and watching dvds and sound was pretty cool.
Sound quality was okay but not the best ~~
Had good bass, okay mid and high..
Like I said.. It was just okay...
As I was using this product, after about 2month of use, the headpiece broke on me..WTF.. I paid $150.. Quality was like those $15 headphones.. Cheap plastics..
I used duct tape to hold it after...
Overall..it's okay but for the price..it's not worth it..
It's over priced..In my opinion..
I believe it should be like $39.99 ...

Purchased At:   px

Submitted by danberrryman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 19, 2007

Bottom Line:
I would have to agree with the person that made the last post, im terribly sorry but i do not see your name any longer and plain forgot it... these are good headphones. im not gonna try to lie and say that ive heard of over half of the brands mentioned on this website and they might be better, but as compared to the sound that i have heard from places like best buy, circuit city, and some smaller speaker shops, these sound awesome. there does seem to be a bose-hating trend on this site as well as many others, and i cant say i see that it is well founded- hey i hate microsoft, but damned if ill be caught dead without windows.

Purchased At:   university of minnes

Submitted by Thomas Blake a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 16, 2007

Bottom Line:
Ever since I was young I have always wanted the best quality, anything less was not good enough. So when it comes to listening to my favorite songs I had my heart set on the Bose Triports headphones, because I went into a Bose shop and listened to a song and it was like they were playing in the room I was in. It took me a few months to persuade my-self into spending £99 on them. I tried Sony noise reducing headphones and they are good for short periods of time but the Bose fit my head and the noise was so crisp it was unbelievable.

If you want to listen to your music with perfect quality, then the Bose are for you. If not there are plenty other headphone makes out there but for me Bose are at the top with out a doubt.

Purchased At:   www.bose.co.uk