Bose In-Ear Headphones

• 51" straight cord
  • Stereo mini plug

Submitted by Attila Racz a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 30, 2012

Bottom Line:
Just bought the 2nd gen of this Bose In ear headphone. I paid 100 euros and for this price I expected a bit more. Generally the sound is very good and balanced. It gives a very nice bass but in the same time I feel week this bass. I had before a Sony MDRX...20...(dont remember the exact name) in- ear headphone and that model almost teared my head of with the bass with half price. I always used Sony headphones earlier as I was always shocked about their quality. This is my first Bose experience and personally I expected a bit more from this company. I tested it with different kind of music. Digital music (like trance...etc) sounded the best for me on it. Metal music was not so impressive but they are anyway noisy :)
Even though I wrote more negative stuff than positive I would recommend this headphone for those who has no problem to pay the price.

Plus:
-Overall sound is excellent. Dynamic and well balanced.

Minus:
-Not so easy to put into my ears.
-Can't hear the big bass that suppose to come per other users. :(
-The noise cancellation could be better
-The black-white cord design looks cheap and not professional.

Submitted by keshav a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 26, 2009

Bottom Line:
goods:
1.excellent sound quality. really amazing sound
2.comfortable. can wear it for hours
3.nice design. very fashionable

cons:
1. not noise proof at all
2. cable not durable at all. mine got damage(insulating plastic part, the wire inside become visible) after 5 months despite handing it like a baby, stored it in it case everytime.NOTE; was using them occasionally, 2,3 times per week

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by thebhavux a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 4, 2008

Bottom Line:
The very fact that BOSE is known for its balanced sound output, their
in -earphones has a basic nature "THE BASS"....so it really depends to what device or mp3 player you are plugin these master pieces..so people looking out for balanced output....player must be tweaked a little...players those havin costum equalizers..should raise the treble bar and keep the mid a little low...and bass to be at zero....and those who are usin ipod...select trebble booster.....n .believe me switching on to those settings will let you know what these earphones are capable of....a signature bose sound .....thats when these little creatures come alive...recongnizing every instrument being played in a song......thats what makes it worth its price....giving it a tough competition to shure..... .about ergonomics..it sometimes seems that they are not fitted properly..but actually they are...givin the warmth and comfortable feeling...usually wearing silicon buds one size greater than regular gives you a better inside enviroment in the ears....so people those who are lookin for low frequencies, bass .......go for it......

Purchased At:   best buy

Submitted by mohil a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 7, 2008

Bottom Line:
Ok guys.
For those who greatly dislike the intial sound quality....
You need to do 2 very important things:

1) Allow them to 'burn in' for at least 12 hours. First 6 at medium volume and the last 6 at mid-high volume. Make sure it plays music with alot of range to ensure the precision driver settles in and get used to movement within its own cavity.. trust me it makes a difference.

2) Make sure you tweak the equalizer in the device you are using. iPod sound quality is absolutely terrible. These headphones give alot of bass and because the iPod's equalizer can't be edited, you won't hear these earphones in their full glory....

I use my Nokia N91 simply because this phone is undoubtedly the best music device I have ever heard. I created a new equalizer setting where the bass is moderately at par, the mids are low and the treble is set well above par. Try this equalizer setting in your music device and you will immmediartely hear the Bose signature sound.

On my iPod video I installed RockBox.... my primary reason was to have a complete editable graphic equalizer, now it sounds better than my phone lol.
So install RockBox on your iPod if you want to make these earphones absolutely cry and leave you breathless. Don't worry the installation is completely safe and reversable. It leaves the original iPod OS in tact.

I believe there is a fuse in the connector where the Bose symbol is engraved, this would help regulate the power being transferred to the speakers so they don't blow... So you can effectively push these things to the limit... and beyond.

Honestly, these headphones really shine at high volumes. No distortion. Just crystal clear and sparkling highs, well defined mids and thundering lows. If the bass seems too overwhelming then crank up the volume because that's when the sound more or less balances out and gives you an amazing performance.

Songs I would recommened listening to: (At absolute full volume)
1) Sweet Child o' Mine
2) With Arms Wide Open
3) Best of You
4) Tears in Heaven
5) Any instrumentals, the sound detail is absolutely amazing.

I never knew Tears in Heaven had 2 guitarists playing and with background singers until I heard it in these Triports.

I also recommend supergluing the tips on and always keep them in the case.
Go buy it, keep it, cherish it.

Cheers

Purchased At:   Computer Specialist

Submitted by Darkstonecastle a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 22, 2007

Bottom Line:
Finally!!!! Finally I have found some good earbuds!! I have only bought one other Bose product in the past - a pair of Bose bookshelf (301's?) speakers 20 years ago that were popular at the time but I totally dreaded their sound once I got them home and used them for a few months. For some reason I never returned them thinking I would eventually get use to the popular sound my friends kept telling me was so good. I never did.

I have tried 3 different pair of isolating earbuds $30 and under in the past month. As soon as I popped these new Bose Triports in, I could tell the difference is quality immediately! You want bass? YOU GOT BASS! It is a very warm and full sound that I immediatley loved as soon as I heard it.

I'm sure there are better pairs of earbuds out there, but after the last 3 pair I tried sounding so horrid, these sound like the best thing since sliced bread!

I really like how you don't have to squeeze them deep in your ear canal to get a snug fit. Actually with these, as I think another reviewer pointed out, they sorta feel like they might fall out while you're just sitting there, but they don't...unless you vigourosly shake your heard. The size of the buds are about twice as big as those cheap $20 pairs you can get at Walmart. Almost feels like you have minature floor speakers in your ears, yet they are quite comfortable.

If you don't like a lot of bass, you won't like these earbuds. But it is just the right amount for me. An abundance of bass, yet not TOO much. The overall sound is soft and warm and not harsh and trebly. I really dig the sound. I know $100 is a lot to pay for earbuds, but these sound 10 times better than the $25 Sony Fontopia's I tried last. You can really HEAR the quality with these.

Purchased At:   Amazon