Amphony H1000 wireless system Headphones

Submitted by FrontMed a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 21, 2003

Bottom Line:
This product is superb. While the sound quality is not as good as you'll get from the most high-end corded headphones, it is as good or better than most mid-grade corded sets, and certainly anything I've heard in the same price range.

But they're cordless. Light, comfortable. These are the first headphones (corded or otherwise) I've been able to wear for an extended period and be able to say they are VERY COMFORTABLE. Look at the specs; excellent. I am able to listen anywhere within my house or around it. Even in the back bedroom, which is through a thick brick wall and several thinner sheetrock walls (through the brick wall, you get a mild popping sound when you touch the earcups with your hands, presumably blocking the signal -- but this occurs only if your hands are on the headset; not a problem at all for me).

I would not consider any other cordless headset. Looked at reviews of all the alternatives; clearly people were unhappy with them.

This company also makes a wireless speaker setup. I cannot say enough good things about this product, and for the money nothing else touches it.

If I have to muster a complaint it would be that I could envision the earcups breaking off if the product were misused even mildly. This should not be a problem with reasonable care, but if you sat down on them or stepped on them, they could be history. Also, you can't expect to use this product if you have a 2.4GHz network operating in your house -- you're going to get noise. Luckily, ours is never used anyway (we have Cat5 cable everywhere) and we just turned it off. But if you require a 2.4GHz network, I doubt you're going to be able to use these with it.

I'm sure users of the highest end corded phones would not find the sound quality to be adequate. But for the advantage of cordless use, the trade off is totally worth it to me.

Sennheiser: