Aiwa HP-X223 Headphones

3.93/5 (15 Reviews) MSRP : $30.00

• 38mm drivers for deep bass response
  • Powerful neodymium magnets for high efficiency
  • Stylish hi-fi design
  • Self-adjusting headband for custom fit
  • Convenient mute switch
  • Single-sided oxygen-free copper cable and gold-plated stereo mini plug for noise-free signal transmission

Submitted by BoatOn a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 11, 2011

Bottom Line:
I have my Aiwa HP-X223 for more the 7 years and by far the best buy for the money. These headphones give my high end headphones a run for the money and then some.... I have bet the crap out of these headphones. By that I mean, I have thrown these headphone on the table thousand of time and ran over the cord with my chair thousand of time and they always work...

Submitted by BIG_LEOMANDINGO a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: September 23, 2008

Bottom Line:
I discovered these headphones way back around 1999 and have refused to purchase and use any other headphones, PERIOD!! I have gone through countless sets of these headphones, (cords too long & would get caught & snagged causing sound to go out) panicked everytime and immediately went out and bought any set on the DOUBLE! For the price, there is no greater headphones (lucked up in 2001 when out in Fremont, CA & came across only one set better and haven't seen same headphones anywhere else since) and ooh how my heart sanked when I discovered that they no longer make em. WTF!!!!!

You'll be very hard pressed to find another set of headphones better at the same price, NEVER!!!

Purchased At:   BestBuy

Submitted by mike a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 25, 2007

Bottom Line:
I've had these for roughly a year and from what I've experienced, they sounds great. the bass and tremble tunes are clear in my opinion and i play them at high db. sometimes up to 50 at some points. although i have to say after 5 months the right ear went out and no longer played. i've tried fixing and found that the problem was a stripped wire showed and i figured it must have been dealing with some constant rubbing and pulling.

overall the sound is great deals great wear and tear, deals with high input. you really don't even need much input to make these babies sing.

Purchased At:   I forgot

Submitted by E a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 2, 2006

Bottom Line:
I was gonna get on here and rant about how these things are terrible but truely they do sound good. I also didnt take car of them, but other thatn the great sound.. here are the problems i find... very awkwardly assembled. band accross the top is made for comfort, but not practially. its huge ! also, the two metal prong things that hold it against your ears suck. once one comes out good luck getting it back in, not to mention all it is is a little fish hook type thing that you have to jam in a hole the size of a pinhead. And, why couldnt they bridge the audio from ear to ear in the band ? nooooo they had to run it through the insulation of the wire that joins the ear together. yeah that makes it real easy to put back together when the 12 cent metal prong breaks. I advise buying something better assembled, what was i thinking... paying only 40 bucks, argggggggggggggg.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by takitus a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 4, 2006

Bottom Line:
I have gone through a few pairs of these headphones, and regret not taking better care of them because they dont make them anymore! These were the best headphones I have ever owned. I use them for DJng so the enhanced bass on them really helps out in the club. They are REALLY comfortable and sound pretty good. If you find a pair of these heaphones anywhere I would DEFINITELY recommend buying them immediately.

Purchased At:   Best Buy