Aiwa AMF70 Headphones

4.38/5 (8 Reviews)

Submitted by Iman Santoso a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 24, 2000

Bottom Line:
I bought mine in a sale for 18000 yen, and it is my first experience with minidisc player/recorder. At first I did not realize about its DSL feature because I could not get the English version manual, but then I couldn't be more satisfied! After comparing to similar products from Sony I can say that this product has better headphones and recording/playback quality.
Its bulky design and weight only give a better impression of a good quality product.

Submitted by Gav a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 4, 2000

Bottom Line:
I originally bought a JVC product (can't remember the model) but it broke within a day. So I went for the Aiwa am F-70 and I'm very pleased with it.

Perfect recordings every time with optical in.

Jog wheel and the backlit display make it very easy to use.

But the headphones were poor - too quiet, tended to fall out of my ears a lot (and, no, my ears are not too big!), and a bit muffled. Used my top quality Sony ones and everything's great.

Submitted by William Lin a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 18, 2000

Bottom Line:
I really enjoyed using my AM-F70 MD recorder, especially for those college lectures. You hook up a nice microphone (about $10), and the unit records some really clear audio. You will be amazed at how great the recorded audio quality is with this MD recorder. It's practically listening to a live lecture at your convenience.
I have also recorded CD's and MP3 with the unit and found that the music remained great.
I think the unit is worth the investment because it is worth the price to pay. You can do a lot with a MD recorder that a regular CD player couldn't do. While there is always the fact that the unit is fragile, but under careful usage, you can't go wrong.
Overall, it delivers clear audio for both the live recording as well as the CD/MP3 recordings. I've yet to try a live concert recording, but I think the quality won't be less than disappointing.

Submitted by Fagan Steed a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 18, 2000

Bottom Line:
Initially a good unit, sound quality on playback and recording is good. Mine started doing weird stuff [disc errors] pretty early on. Tried different disc brands [was using only Sony, switched to TDK and Maxell. No better. Currently is being repaired as it wont record properly, laser alignment or something.

I'd recommend you go for the Sony recorder. You'll know where those extra $/£'s went. Minidisc rules.

Submitted by Alejandro Pena Munoz a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 13, 2000

Bottom Line:
This is mi first MD player....i got to say they are the best Md player in the market today...are really cool, easy to use when you go in your car, the light is friendly with the eyes(The color is great)great sound after recording from the the CD player (with the optical cable) exactly are the same just a little bit lower quality but sounds terrific.If you don´t got one of this babys you are missing a lot of fun....Editing, dividing, combining, and so many things......

Sennheiser: